Musky Hunter TV show

scugpg

I've been enjoying the new season of Musky Hunter this year on WFN. Did anyone else have a chance to see the episode they filmed in the Kawarthas a few weeks back? It was neat to see them cover that area. Also saw that Bob Devine will be in the one this coming weekend filmed on LSC which should be cool to see.

For the guys that went to the Toronto show, how was the seminar Jim put on? I hope to catch it next time around.

I've been enjoying the new season of Musky Hunter this year on WFN. Did anyone else have a chance to see the episode they filmed in the Kawarthas a few weeks back? It was neat to see them cover that area. Also saw that Bob Devine will be in the one this coming weekend filmed on LSC which should be cool to see.

For the guys that went to the Toronto show, how was the seminar Jim put on? I hope to catch it next time around.

I saw the episode, and it was cool to see. I had always wondered if he would come to the Kawarthas.

I was surprised that while trolling St Clair there was not more emphasis on the specialty lures that are so key to success there. They did show two specialty St Clair lures but the key there are Producers, Woodies, Gotcha's, Fingerlings and Lokes. I guess they were using the Joe Bucher's that sponsor the show but the guys I know that work St Clair wouldn't give those Bucher lures any face time.

We trolled a number of "local" baits and the Shallow Raiders. They all caught fish, but one "local" bait did better getting 5 of the 9 bites we had during that day of filming. Yes it was all done on 1 day from about 10am-430pm. As was mentioned in the show there was a front circling the great lakes and we had a little bit of, sun, wind and rain.

Last time I was there we got 9 fish in the morning from 9am till about 1pm. Frankies were in the lure mix as well. Some very nice fish too. Truly a superior fishery. I've heard that there are approximately 50K Muskies in Lake St Clair. I guess how big those Muskies are is fairly important as well.

Edited by Snidley

Glad you like the show. I had a lot of fun filming the Ontario episodes. The Kawarthas reminded me of stepping back in time in WI ten years. The lakes were beautiful, but we didn't have to deal with all the fishing pressure. The show with Bob on St. Clair was a blast as well. I have fished St. Clair off and on for years and like everywhere else there are "favorite lures". However, a musky is a musky, and you can catch muskies on almost any lure on St. Clair. Like Bob indicated, we fished mostly "local" baits the first day and were fortunate to get a great show. So, on day 2 we decided to run Depthraiders and caught a bunch more and filmed a second show. That episode will air in mid-March.

There were some questions about the episodes being available for download. We make each episode available saturday morning and the cost is $2.99 (us) to download the episode.

Finally, hope to see some of you friday and saturday at the Niagara Outdoor Sports and Boat show this weekend.

I'll keep checking in when I can.

thanks and keep watching.

Jim

Great show guys congrats on the fatty

Thanks Mike and others, you never know when you are going to catch a "big" fish and you want it to come at the right time. This one did! I prefished for 2 days before the shoot and we could not break 40". As you can tell it all worked out with a mix of fish from 32"-??" lol.