Pfluger Supreme XT versus Shimano Saros

gordy28

Hey there,

Interested in opinions between the two reels

The Supreme XT is on sale at BPS-$30 which makes it the same price as the Saros.

Will be used on a 7 foot ML rod

Plan is to use it for rigging, spinners and topwater-so will most likely sppol with high end mono

Just interested in people opinions re quality-I have 2 Shimano reels-never used a Pflueger

Thanks

Gordy

I've been a Shimano guy when it comes to spinning reels for many years.

Not anymore.

I bought 2 Supreme XT reels earlier this year and love them to death.

Super smooth and way lighter than the Shimano.

I got mine for under $100 shipped after shopping around. IMO it's the best value for your dollar currently on the market.

Just as nice as the some of the higher end Shimanos and less than half the price. Waaay nicer than the Saros, it's not even close.

I've been a Shimano guy when it comes to spinning reels for many years.

Not anymore.

I bought 2 Supreme XT reels earlier this year and love them to death.

Super smooth and way lighter than the Shimano.

I got mine for under $100 shipped after shopping around. IMO it's the best value for your dollar currently on the market.

Just as nice as the some of the higher end Shimanos and less than half the price. Waaay nicer than the Saros, it's not even close.

Solo, have you used the Supreme XT for steelhead ? how does it hold up on the tribs? line lay on the spool, casting small lures and most importantly the drag?

I am old fashioned and still like my Daiwa Whiskers when fighting those silver bullets,

was thinking of trying something a little modern for a change, :)

Thanks

Solo, have you used the Supreme XT for steelhead ? how does it hold up on the tribs? line lay on the spool, casting small lures and most importantly the drag?

I am old fashioned and still like my Daiwa Whiskers when fighting those silver bullets,

was thinking of trying something a little modern for a change, :)

Thanks

Not yet but I will soon. I'm in the process of ordering one in the 40 size for steelhead and will put it through it's paces.

No doubts on my part that it'll be great, the other two smaller versions I've got are fantastic.

I have a few pfleuger reels, and like solo, I'm sold on them. I'm a diawa reel guy from way back, but the pfluegers are well worth the price, and just as good as any shimano or diawa I've owned.

Even the president series are great. I have 3 of them, and tend to use them a lot more than any others, and my kids use them as well. To say they take a beating is an understatment.

Super smooth, light, and the drags are awesome.

S.

Pflueger sounds like a winner with all the positive reviews.

Just made some calls,

SAIL has the Supreme XT on sale for $129.97 and the Patriach XT for about $165

They will have no tax sale on Wednesday Feb22 for their VIP members. (just register on line or fill out a little form at their store)

Pretty good deal IMO

Pflueger sounds like a winner with all the positive reviews.

Just made some calls,

SAIL has the Supreme XT on sale for $129.97 and the Patriach XT for about $165

They will have no tax sale on Wednesday Feb22 for their VIP members. (just register on line or fill out a little form at their store)

Pretty good deal IMO

The only thing I will say about the patriarch it that it is pretty fragile and glued together in parts. My handle broke and a metal piece fell in the water, and getting replacement parts is not easy. That is why I am moving over to shimano. I have a stradic and a sustain and I have far more confidence in them lasting longer and being easier to fix than the pflueger. Having said that my partriarch is the smoothest reel I own. If you are going to baby your reel and constantly maintain it than a pflueger is great, but if you are like me and abuse your reels I think a shimano is better.

Edited by fishgreg

I have numerus stratics, new and old, but no Saroses. I have one small supreme xt that I have only used for part of one year. For the price that you mentioned I think I would get the Pfluger. There will be more sales in the coming weeks if you're willing to chance it and save even more.

Is this a good price?smile.gif

http://ca.wholesales...prod247154.html

They also have the Abu Garcia Soron for $100 (50 off). I have this one and love it. After all these positive Supreme reviews though, I'm having a hard time not clicking on "add to cart".

The reel pictured is not a Supreme XT. The price shown is so much below what the xt retails for I think the price matches the picture not the name. :dunno:

I was in the market for a good reel for jigging eyes. I was at a Cabelas store two weeks ago. I have always owned Shimano,mostly Symetres and one Stradic but I picked up the Stradic FJ and the red one I think it's a C4? Anyhwow neither was smooth, I could hear a slight dragging sound while operating both. I picked up a Stella, no dragging sound but for that money I can take a trip. Then I picked up a Supreme, the black one, no dragging sound, and super smooth. I decided to buy the 30 size, and sense I bought the last one they had in the store they gave me a discount for buying the demo. Can't wait to give it a go as the real test will be how it performs over time. Glad to read you guys like them.

doubleheader, the FJ made noise? I have a brand new FJ (2500 size) and it's like butta, smoooooth and doesn't make a sound. Jigger I think wanted to hide it from me and keep it when I wasn't looking... HAHA

Edited by GBW

doubleheader, the FJ made noise? I have a brand new FJ (2500 size) and it's like butta, smoooooth and doesn't make a sound. Jigger I think wanted to hide it from me and keep it when I wasn't looking... HAHA

It did for sure, as did most all the reels I handled, but keep in mind these were store models so who knows how much abuse they may have seen.

It did for sure, as did most all the reels I handled, but keep in mind these were store models so who knows how much abuse they may have seen.

very odd. mine is so smooth it's crazy. I almost got a few more because it's that good. the Ci4 is close to the stradic FJ but I hate the grip. I had one and sold it with in a day cause I didn't like the EV grip.