A great day with my daughter

Spouph

Well after all the big talk of walleye spoons and pike fishing, turns out I ended up laker fishing at a buddies shak. So I decided to take my 8 year old daughter out on the ice. We arrive late, well because she is 8 and gloves and tuks and arguments about snowpants to an 8 year old are more important than getting out the door. Turns out we found them all, ya guessed it right where she left it. After a 30 min drive to the lake and five too many versus of the same damned Beiber song we finally arrive. We set up and get the camera down, bang fish under the hut. So I get my daughter jig and bait to the laker she wiggles it a bit, Bang he hits, she fights it halfway up stars reeling and stop halfway to talk, about I can't remember what boom he's off. So long into the lecture of what she did wrong she smille sings a bit more of beiber. could care less. So the rest of us get a turn, and a couple of fish later, her bouncing around and singing is just annoying but you keep on trucking because I remember the way I was when I was younger. Pay back. So our 2 hour limit is up and have to get back for our company so I leave here with a buddy to go get the jeep, to return 10 minutes later to see her with the largest fish on the Ice of the day, and another sitting beside it. So I ask who caugth those she simply smiled and said me. I askes buddy did you help, He said no I was in the hut. Turns out all she needed was to be left alone. On the drive home I asked her If she had fun fishing, she said yes. It was all I needed to here, For all the frustration and agrivation, of fishing with a energtic 8 yr old. Fun was all I needed to here, I think we will do it again tommorrow. I realized that all in all everthing included, I had fun too. It it was nice to head home to company with a limit and two smiles. great day

Actually, kids have very good attention span. They just pay attention to everything. But they don't multitask. They concentrate on the task at hand.

So if you subtract the distraction of the adult, they can actually do it all by themselves. The amazing thing is that she landed 2 lakers. That means she got the first one, EXTRACTED THE LURE/HOOK, then put the lure back down the hole.

So she's not one of those princesses that are scared of touching the fishese.

Jiggy

Actually, kids have very good attention span. They just pay attention to everything. But they don't multitask. They concentrate on the task at hand.

So if you subtract the distraction of the adult, they can actually do it all by themselves. The amazing thing is that she landed 2 lakers. That means she got the first one, EXTRACTED THE LURE/HOOK, then put the lure back down the hole.

So she's not one of those princesses that are scared of touching the fishese.

Jiggy

Ya your absolutly right, but she is a ratheer distracted young girl. She has been fishing with me since she was in the crib, litterally out on the lake downrigging 7 hour days. But this is the very first time she has taken iniative. If you take a look at my profile pic she is holding a 10 lb walleye in which she placed 3rd in the derby last year, she not afraid of fish but I was wondering if this day would ever come. That is where she did it entirely by herself. Awesome

Hey Spouph Nice story. You'll remember it for a long time. Im heading to Nipissing tomorrow. Hopefully do better than my last 3 trips. How do ya pronounce your handle??

it is how it spelled spouph an at ic You shod get in touch with nip fisher, he seem to have that lake nailed down.

spouf an a tic