Snowfari Adventures feb 2012

mike HT

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time posting.

I thought a new and recent review was in order for the Snowfari Adventures. We are heading up to this icefishing outfitter Feb 17-21 (family day weekend) and we are renting a 6 man hut. We have been to a few different outfitters on Lake Nipissing and they were all good (Anglers haven, Grumpys). I am optimistic about the weekend and will be providing a full breakdown on the weekend and will be posting pictures. We will be rating everything from hut location, hut quality, service, and of course the fishing. I will also post what we used as fishing bait (lures, live bait). I know that previous posts (2009) have not been the best for this outfitter- but I havent seen any recents ones. Hopefully the weekend will go well- and this should provide an up to date review on Snowfari Adventures. If anyone has any tips or advice, please dont hesitate to comments. Lets hope for some Big dirties and we are all high hopes! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Cheers,

Mike the wrangler angler Swick

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time posting.

I thought a new and recent review was in order for the Snowfari Adventures. We are heading up to this icefishing outfitter Feb 17-21 (family day weekend) and we are renting a 6 man hut. We have been to a few different outfitters on Lake Nipissing and they were all good (Anglers haven, Grumpys). I am optimistic about the weekend and will be providing a full breakdown on the weekend and will be posting pictures. We will be rating everything from hut location, hut quality, service, and of course the fishing. I will also post what we used as fishing bait (lures, live bait). I know that previous posts (2009) have not been the best for this outfitter- but I havent seen any recents ones. Hopefully the weekend will go well- and this should provide an up to date review on Snowfari Adventures. If anyone has any tips or advice, please dont hesitate to comments. Lets hope for some Big dirties and we are all high hopes! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Cheers,

Mike the wrangler angler Swick

Good luck with that place. Prepare for alot of :wallbash::wallbash:

There may be a good reason why there are no recent posts...

My biggest concern is the location of the huts. They are really close to shore and bunched together?

Welcome to the board.

I phoned Ron about a week ago and he told me that the huts are about 1 km out... I hope he wasnt pulling my leg!

You have no idea...don't make me dig up my "review" from a few years ago.

Your not the only one with a crappy review about this place, I made one a few years ago too and that place was terrible!!!

mike HT

Good luck, you will need it! Also you will not be fishing from the hut so be well prepared for that and bring a portable if you have one, he will rent out huts to you in a better fishing spot.

That's all I am going to say with this yahoo's operation.

previous posts (2009) have not been the best for this outfitter- but I havent seen any recents ones

ouch. I've never heard anything good so I hope things work out better for you. Please let us know how it goes, hopefully they can repair their reputation. When they say the huts are 1 km out perhaps they mean 1 km out from their house, putting the hut 12 feet from the edge of the lake :whistling: .

so be well prepared for that and bring a portable...

...and some washin up water, and some bait, and a vehicle your comfortable with cruisin the lake, and probably an extra bucket and bag for the crapper...oh ya, some extra cash if you don't have any of the above...

edited to add: bring a very happy-go-lucky attitude...or you will argue with this guy.

Edited by Jer

Hey great! I look forward to your post! I have never been there so I have nothing more to say! Good luck out there. Are they ice condos? Or are you sleeping on shore? Be prepared to move around if you have to. Doesnt matter what outfitter you go to if the fish arent there. Take good waterproof boots..I hear its warm n slushy there now.

Jer, My point is no matter how much the place sucks fish away from the hut and go get some Lake Nipissing walleye. I have lived here close to 20 years and never heard a glowing report of the place. I would not reccomend it to anyone but if he is booked to stay there then he should move arond the area and find the fish. You can easilly drive a truck 10-15 kms away from the huts right now.

You can easilly drive a truck 10-15 kms away from the huts right now.

...but you shouldn't have to and not everybody has a vehicle they're comfy driving on the ice, that's why they rent a bungalow. Don't get me wrong, I hope the OP has a great time and catches a ton of fish, just letting him know what he may be in for...

I have to ask, why would you knowingly plan a trip to the worst rated outfitter on the lake? It has me almost suspicious :-)

1) All others operators are booked.

2) The business is currently on the market. So, I suppose it's possible that someone is doing research or some marketing, but I think it's mostly likely #1.

When I drove past it a few weeks ago I remember thinking to myself how pissed off I would be if I had booked with them. I can't believe how close they are to shore, he puts them there at the beginning of the season then never moves them. Other outfitters (the good ones) have to move their huts,following the fish, in order to stay on them. This guy is a disaster. If you are going to do some serious fishing you better have a truck to get you out there where the fish are, you will catch nothing but mud puppies where he is at this time of year.

Good Luck

I have to ask, why would you knowingly plan a trip to the worst rated outfitter on the lake? It has me almost suspicious :-)

You Sir have read my mind.

I have never ever seen another place get even close to the number of bad reviews I saw this one get. The OP is aware of this and still decides to throw his hard earned cash in that direction. There's just no figuring some people out :dunno:

Good luck to the OP but I have my doubts this Zebra has changed his stripes.Absolutly the biggest ----head I have ever dealt with.It was nasty weather when we were there and we had no choice but to fish in the bungalow because his "out" huts were not included in the package (he said they were when we booked)and were reserved for millianares and rock stars.I hope the op has a good time and doesn't get into a fist fight with the moron like the guys in the hut beside us did. :jerry: