No something you would expect to find while ice fishing!

NAW

http://www.ctvbarrie.ca/category/news/

A young black bear came out early and almost died from starvation.

Not something you would expect to see while ice fishing in the middle of winter.

But with the weird winter we've been having, I expected to hear of at least one or two situations like this.

It's the first story on the news for Monday Feb 6th.

Sounds like the bear is going to be just fine.

Don't aways think a bear is in distress just because a human said the bear is in distress , i'd like to think its the bear saying winters over and heres an early spring people , time to put the huts away and get your boats out and have picnics cause am hungry now from after sleeping so long ......... lol . When are we supose to pay attention to mother nature , when man says or when mother nature says ? My ....sarcasm.gif .... is not aimed at any one here , just thinking out loud again to myself .

Edited by Skipper " D "

My first thought was let nature take it's course and take the "dumb" bear out of their gene pool.

My second thought after seeing him at the refuge was... now he's gonna go back to the wild in the spring and tell all his buddies... "wake up early.. go lay in the open where someone will find you and they'll take you to this nice comfy place with straw to lie on and free food"! :D

Don't aways think a bear is in distress just because a human said the bear is in distress , i'd like to think its the bear saying winters over and heres an early spring people , time to put the huts away and get your boats out and have picnics cause am hungry now from after sleeping so long ......... lol . When are supose to pay attention to mother nature , when man says or when mother nature says ? My ....sarcasm.gif .... is not aimed at any one here , just thinking out loud again to myself .

I'm with ya screw that groundhog!!!

Don't aways think a bear is in distress just because a human said the bear is in distress

I'm no expert, but from those pictures, and from what the real experts where saying... That bear looked screwed up. Not likely to survive more then a few days in that state.

But yes. I get what you're saying

I'm no expert, but from those pictures, and from what the real experts where saying... That bear looked screwed up. Not likely to survive more then a few days in that state.

But yes. I get what you're saying

Nick the bear just woke up , now we all know how it feels to wake up in the morning , stagering around whiping your eyes , rubbing your stomick , can you amagin waking up after sleeping for five months and what that must feel like .... shure would'nt want any one to find me til i was wide awake ............. smile.gif. ps Nick .. i never watched the vid .

Edited by Skipper " D "

We had a couple of years like this some 20 years back, with only 4 weeks of an actual winter. Animals coming out of hibernation before time and before food was available. I was sowing seeds in February with results in early March.

That's very interesting Bruce. It's funny how quickly we forget about weather. There are always those anomalies like 100 year storms, records colds, record dryspells etc... but they seem to leave the general publics mind within a few short years.

Nature will care for itself in the end, but it's good to see people helping out when they can.

Skip, are you saying "to hell" with all dying bears just so you can go play pocket perch with your pals? sarcasm.gifsarcasm.gifsarcasm.gif

That's very interesting Bruce. It's funny how quickly we forget about weather. There are always those anomalies like 100 year storms, records colds, record dryspells etc... but they seem to leave the general publics mind within a few short years.

Nature will care for itself in the end, but it's good to see people helping out when they can.

Skip, are you saying "to hell" with all dying bears just so you can go play pocket perch with your pals? sarcasm.gifsarcasm.gifsarcasm.gif

to hell! ... naw . Now i am wondering how the hell the dam bears doing , i should have stayed in the dam shop , i'll never get any thing done now for the rest of the day thinking about the stupid thing.....why why why do i pay atention , i only came in the house to get some thing to eat so they would'nt find me on the floor out there like the bear , Nick , is the bear gona make it ??????

Lean BEAR ,great ROASTS , best "roast beef" we ever ate at home came from a spring bear ,my older brother and dad brought home 2 every year for as long as i can remember , cant do that now , my bro goes to N.B. now to get one and shares with me ,Dad passed away , if my DAD knew you couldnt shoot spring bears , better hes gone , he might just have spent the ammo on some P3TA guys and gals !!!!!, cant do that in ONTARIO , POOR POOR BEARS , ya untill they eat some poor P3TA hiker or break into your summer home . HEY YOGY SMARTER THAN THE AVERAGE BEAR , lay out on the ice those humans and RANGER SMITH will feed me , than I eat their ass when they not looking . THE way I see it , meats allready chilled just needs to be killed ....lmao

Edited by capt bruce

Wild oats you can't sow till after April 15th and all chances of frost has passed but who sows wild oats any more ... whistling.gif ..

You can start the wild oats inside, then transfer outdoors once the chance of frost has gone :canadian: