Rivers of Whitby/Ajax

Locnar

Today, I had the misfortune of my transmission blowing... at least I think that is the problem. It only drives in 1st gear, even though I may select 3rd (it is automatic) it still drives in first. It's an old 95 Chrysler Cirrus... not worth a new transmission. So, that means I am sort of stuck and won't be able to get out often for ice fishing... I was wondering if any of the rivers/river mouths in the Whitby/Ajax area would contain fish at this time, so I can at least have a chance at catching something. Not asking for hot spots, just wondering if it's worth the effort.

Hey Locnar, Not too sure of the rivers around here, but on another note...that old Chrysler may not need a complete rebuild. It may have an external governor which controls the shifting. On G.Ms these were made out of plastic and prone to breaking. Try calling the guys at The Transmission Place in Oshawa for advice. (905 576 1021)...just a thought

Right on, thanks for input. And Greenfshrmn I have decided to put the ol' dinosaur to rest. Her body is rotted out and the car is only worth like $300 if it still ran.

I was thinking of duffin's creek, would you think they'd be at the mouth of the river? or a little further upstream? I have never really gone fishing for trout before, and it's a whole new game to me. I hope to catch my first trout this winter, and if it happens I will be sure to post a report.

Right on, thanks for input. And Greenfshrmn I have decided to put the ol' dinosaur to rest. Her body is rotted out and the car is only worth like $300 if it still ran.

I was thinking of duffin's creek, would you think they'd be at the mouth of the river? or a little further upstream? I have never really gone fishing for trout before, and it's a whole new game to me. I hope to catch my first trout this winter, and if it happens I will be sure to post a report.

Quick tip: You aren't going to get guys giving up info on pressured systems like the north shore Lake O tribs.. Go check a few out.. If you do post a report, keep the backgrounds/details to a minimum.