I had a coffee with my Granpda today

NAW

That fold out rest/seat/what have you.. that's slick. Jen could probably use an adaptation of that as a cane and a butt rest. More food for thought in the shop....

If you want to get a closer look, I can drop it by your shop some time. Or if your comin down 93 and want to drop in to my new place. :D Fire me a PM.. I'm not around much, but I'm sure we could work something out.

The seat telescopes out to about 8 different set lengths. It could even be used as a crutch if needed. It would be simple to make with the right equipment.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to here about your dad. I agree about the treasures. Selling any of these items in not an option.

I'll find a nice way to display the rod in my home. I need to find a nice old reel to go with it somewhere.

I can help ya out with this... I've got a Luxor 200 from that era. Probably from the early 60's. Would go perfect on that rod. The reel is in perfect working order. No box or papers but it is a pretty little reel. Built like a tank as well. Don't have a pic of mine right now but here's a photo of one I pulled off google...

luxor200.jpg

If you do want this reel I'm State side but I'll be coming up to Toronto the second week of next month so if you don't mind waiting for me to ship it then then we can set something up.

FHR

I can help ya out with this... I've got a Luxor 200 from that era. Probably from the early 60's. Would go perfect on that rod. The reel is in perfect working order. No box or papers but it is a pretty little reel. Built like a tank as well. Don't have a pic of mine right now but here's a photo of one I pulled off google...

If you do want this reel I'm State side but I'll be coming up to Toronto the second week of next month so if you don't mind waiting for me to ship it then then we can set something up.

FHR

Wow FHR.. That's an increadible gesture.

I'd love to get this reel from you. Fire me a PM with the details. I'd be glad to drop down to the city and pick it up!

I'll be up there from the 7th to the 12th. That weekend of the 9th and 10th are definately out for me but if you wanna come down that's fine. I'd also be fine with dropping it in the mail. This reel will be the perfect size for that rod. Just make sure your new boy inherits it.

FHR

Very cool. My grandfather will be 92 is a few weeks, so tell yours he has lots of time left. ;) I got an old hexagon steel rod (baitcaster) and a bamboo spinning rod, along with a few others. Some old knuckle busters, spinning reels and lures. Don't believe it's of much value but worth a lot to me in sentimental value. :)