Virgina Beach this weekend???

hookerdown

We are going up this weekend .They have 14inches of ice.The fish are biting.

I'll be with my Brother, in a homemade collapsable hut. If you see us, come and say hi.

I don't know if we will park on the ice though. We might just drive up on the ice road, drop the gear off, and I'll park (Grey Jeep Liberty) back close to shore at the base of the ice road.\

Gonna try some perch flies that I tied in December.

Was there Tues. Snow was melting fast. We had about 12" of ice. We fished between shore and all the huts. I wanted to stay away from all the commotion. We fished in about 7' of water. Water was nice and clear. We don't use minnows, just a micro jig with micro twister tail 3LB test. When I get a keeper Perch, I stick a Perch eye on the hook. We watch down the hold and pull the jig away from the small fish hoping for the bigger ones. Red jig with a white Twister seamed to be the ticket. We saw a few monster Pike swim through. The pike seem to be in closer to shore. Take your cleats this week. I'll most likely be there Sat. with a few buds. I'll be closer to Duclas Pt. Blue Clam Guide. If you see a guy walking around drilling with a Red and black suit looking for Perch. It's me.

heading down there for sunday and monday, just talked to a couple of the operators between virginia beach and peferlaw and they are saying 7"-10" off virginia beach (no issues getting on the ice, no vehicles right now and the biggest issue is parking. the guys in peferlaw are saying 12"-15" out their way.

Let me know how you make out this weekend Gord, good luck.

Edited by DaveMc

Are there any pressure cracks around Duclos?

Hookerdown, when we left the snow was melting fast. I would think now it would be clear slippery ice. I've been there twice in the last 2 weeks and never seen a pressure crack. If your going this weekend, I'd take my Cleats. The place we fished was about half way between the Ferry at Virginia Beach and the tip of Duclos Pt. If your going Sat. look for the guy walking with the red & black suit, pail in hand and auger over the shoulder. Come by and shot the crap. :good: