Looking for your favourite spots

kickingfrog

There's a really good restaurant in Meaford that makes a killer home made burger too.

I can't remember the name though. rolleyes.gif

Little place on the left side of the road when heading through town on your way towards Owen Sound.

It's right in the heart of town seveal blocks West of the river.

This might be the other one I forgot to mention. Is it right where highway 10 ends? Thats the one I'm thinking of called 'champ burger.' That place is amazing. Always stop there on the way to tobermory for summer camping.

Blue Star - Welland, Ontario

Chip 'n ' Charlies - Niagara Falls, Ontario

Clancys - Niagara Falls, New York

Johnstons - Ransomville, New York

Pontellos - Batavia, New York

Antonios - South River, Ontario

Noels Pizza - Grand Falls, New Brunswick

Been to all of them multiple times and recommend stopping by for a bite if you are ever in those areas.

There used to be a number of great Mom & Pop places along the old 69, but are all gone. Still French River Trading Post is decent. The Haven in Pointe Au Baril used to be good.

Webers is just a tourist trap serving undersized burgers at an inflated price. They were good once, but that was decades back.

Almost forgot, big brekkies at the Husky just off the 400, and the restaurant at Tudhope Pk not to bad for brekkie either.

Edited by bigugli

This might be the other one I forgot to mention. Is it right where highway 10 ends? Thats the one I'm thinking of called 'champ burger.' That place is amazing. Always stop there on the way to tobermory for summer camping.

X2 for that. My folks used to have a place in Tobermory and that burger stop was always part of the plans on the way through. I have not been over that way for 6-7 years now so I don't know if it is still there. But it was one of the best burger joints I have ever been in.

If travelling east from Sudbury to North Bay on Hwy 17 there's a place called Kate's Restaurant, is an excellent breakfast. Just a small place, owned by Mennonites, so most of the food is home made. Very friendly staff. I was there last Saturday on my way to the annual M&G on Callandar. Best toasted western I've ever had. I'ts approx 4 km east of Hagar. Randy U must know this place.

If you're ever fishing the Tri-Lakes, Jesse'e Tap & Grill in Ennismore is always worth a visit. I second the Peppermill in Carnarvon, for simpler fare in the area the Millpond is a good bet.

Okay, going through a few more Restaurantica posts. I'll just report on the ones near or on the way to fishing spots.

The Ponderosa, 12 Front St. in McTier, had a lovely breakfast there a couple of years ago.

Just Eddies, 598 Atherley Road, Orillia, right near the narrows.

Falls View, 9 Lindsay St., Fenelon Falls. Not fine dining, just family place, but excellent variety of dishes. And you can't beat sitting right beside the falls!

The Mill Cafe 12 Bridge St., Thornbury. Had a venison stew there that was divine! They have an outside deck beside the water.

The Riverhouse, right beside the Severn Falls Marina on Big Chute Rd.

Kinmount used to have the best fish and chips ever. I don't know what happened to the place though.

Best place now is still on 5th Street and Lakeshore in downtown T.O.

If yer down EAST,Dicks has the best fish and chips and stuff,n. Then again,it,s on Bell island NFLD.LOL

You'll have to really pay attention to get into Danny's Justa Pasta now as they got bypassed to a degree....

And as for Dan's entry for the best Chicken Parmagana... I'll have to go try it and see if it's better than the Village Idiot at Dundas/McCaul in TO (across from the Art Museum). Or maybe it's just the pints of Fuller's London Pride that gets me in there.. :D

You'll have to really pay attention to get into Danny's Justa Pasta now as they got bypassed to a degree....

And as for Dan's entry for the best Chicken Parmagana... I'll have to go try it and see if it's better than the Village Idiot at Dundas/McCaul in TO (across from the Art Museum). Or maybe it's just the pints of Fuller's London Pride that gets me in there.. biggrin.gif

Yup, but they now how their OWN ministry sign! I guess the MTO guys liked their free meals.haha

I second Just for halibut in Bobcaygeon, I'm 99% sure that was the name of the place I ate at last and the fish n chips are good!

If you're coming down the 401 by toronto and want a great sub, nothing really beats Belly Busters just south a few blocks on Yonge St.

The chip truck on #28 south of Stoney is pretty good too.

• 2 weeks later...