NF looking for info on fire alarm pull

skinny

Hey there I need to run a fire systems check at work . I was shown once very very quickly be for the other guy suddenly retired . Now he is gone and it is my job to run the test

I have to pull a station and reset it

I have included a picture of the station I cannot fid a name on it and I need to be able to reset it

I know he used a screwdriver. I think he just flipped something inside then closed the door .

any help would be great

P240112_1506_01.jpg

P240112_1506.jpg

there is a small hole on the top or side where you push in the small screwdriver and by pressing the spring mechanism close the latch.

similar to 3:55 mark, only this one has the small hole in the front.

most of the time there are instructions on the inside.

Hey there I need to run a fire systems check at work . I was shown once very very quickly be for the other guy suddenly retired . Now he is gone and it is my job to run the test

I have to pull a station and reset it

I have included a picture of the station I cannot fid a name on it and I need to be able to reset it

I know he used a screwdriver. I think he just flipped something inside then closed the door .

any help would be great

Heydont stress out, when you pull it there is a metal flap, like a spring, take your little screwdriver, and pry it towards the wall as you close the pullstation, you will see how the little flap springs the cover tight. Make sure that you reset the panel, and or have the key to get into the firealarm panel. Also if the fire alarm system is monitored by a security company, they will send the fire department if you don't call them in advance usually a 500 dollar charge for false pulls. You can usuall bypass the system at the panel, if there is a bypass button, bypass the panel and pull the alarm, then figure out how to close the cover with the system bypassed, depending on the system you may still need to restet the panel when it is bypassed. Most are pretty user friendly. There is a number for the company who supplied the system on the panel generally, call them if you are unsure, all the systems are different but work on the same principles. If you bypass the system be sure you take the system off bypass when your done, because you could be crimanaly responsible if you forget and people die. Hope this helped

P240112_1506_01.jpg

P240112_1506.jpg