Cache Bay

wormdunker

Randy, TJ Help me out. I'm new to Sudbury was looking to do some hardwater today. Went to Cache Bay via Nipissing St. in Sturgeon. Saw a few trucks/trailers at the lake but could not see any huts. How far out R the guys/gals going? I have a brand new ATV so travel is not an issue. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanx Wormdunker

Cache Bay is typically quite shallow, but I would imagine it holds herring and perch. Any area with 15-20 foot sand flats will have roaming schools of jumbo perch, but if you want a more mixed bag I would go father south until you start finding deeper water (25 +) and structure (waltonian reef/manitou islands)

I already P.M.'d you about this but will post too. Huts can be seen from shore at the end of Park street. It is a shallow bay with some places only having inches of fishable water....but don't let that fool you. There are huge pike in there and lots of them. If you can find the huts that is where to fish. The locals know the spots.

Why did you pass us up in Callander Bay? You can see 100s of huts from shore.

Thanx for your replies. Nip I think I was on more of a tour than anything. I hadn't been to Nipissing in many years so wanted to familiarize myself again. Yes I saw all the huts in Callander, but needed minnows. Must be a bait shop nearby. Where is it?

P.M.d you all the info.

Went to Cache Bay via Nipissing St. in Sturgeon. Thanx Wormdunker

You were not in Cache Bay......you were in Sturgeon Falls!

The Lucky 13 convenience store in Callander sells shiners. Billy Bob's Bait and Tackle map is close to the turn off to Callander.

Edited by Nipfisher

The truck/trailers that you say may have crossed over to the french river. If you are coming from Sudbury there are plenty of spots to fish with out going to callander . you can turn in Verner and head down to the lake in Laving. From the bridge you can see huts and that is a good area to fish.

The truck/trailers that you say may have crossed over to the french river. If you are coming from Sudbury there are plenty of spots to fish with out going to callander . you can turn in Verner and head down to the lake in Laving. From the bridge you can see huts and that is a good area to fish.

Pikeguy, my guess is some of those anglers are fishing Iron Island and Burnt Island along with Blueberry and Fisherman's Island in the French.

Have you thought about coming to the gtg this Saturday?