Spring Fishing & Boat Show or Sportsmen’s Show

I still enjoy both of the shows, although they are not what they used to be. Bare in mind, some of that opinion is subjective. The fishing show is the better of the 2 for what you have described.

Another thing to consider is that many of the tackle stores will have sales on in their stores as well. Depending on where you are, they would also be a place to browse.

Correct Mark. Same price as the regular admission, gets you into the show as usual, but between 8am and 9am you're making a contribution to the Muskie Fishery in Canada! :thumbsup_anim:

That's some good information. Maybe someone will remember to bring this back up in three weeks or so. :thumbsup_anim:

I usually try to make it out to both, the Spring Fishing and Boat show mainly for fishing and the Sportsmen's Show for fishing and outdoorsy stuff. Helps break up the doldrums of winter to spend a couple of days wandering around looking at the latest and greatest gear.

Correct Mark. Same price as the regular admission, gets you into the show as usual, but between 8am and 9am you're making a contribution to the Muskie Fishery in Canada! :thumbsup_anim:

That's cool. I'll include that in my next newsletter.

• 3 weeks later...

As already mentioned, the shows have lost a lot of their lustre. Many of the regular tackle shops stopped going. They now have their own in house spring sales.

For your stated wants, the spring fishing show in Mississauga is the better bet.

The old Sportsman Show used to be really something. Red Fisher had his cabin set up. LeBarons took up the whole east wall of the one building. The dog show used to be huge. You did not have 1/2 a dozen sock vendors and first aid suppliers.

x2

Not sure where your located but the Valley Sportsman Show in Carp ON just outside Ottawa in April is a good show also, smaller but pretty good.

My gf`s family lives 15 minutes west from carp and been there couple of times. Other then the fair it didnt strike me as a place where a lot was going on.

I wish i knew about this earlier...damn!

Now i have an excuse to peace out for half of a day when we are up there!!

last year spring fishing show was the best it has been in years, I personally did not go last year but my friend (shimano pro staffer) said he had not seen one that good in about tens years

hope this years will beat it or at least match it, I am attending my wife wants to go there in lieu of valentines dinner

There are no "great" deals to be had from what i've seen in the past

most of the "special sale" items are older models that they are trying to clear out...

lures and such are usually $1 off, i don't really see that as a great savings considering most cost $6+ anyways

after you factor in the entrance fee, doubt you'll save much...

if i had to pick out of the 2 shows it would be the spring fishing show... you don't pay for parking in this one...

Both shows are less than great but the Spring Fishing Show is the better of the two IMO. I did not go last year but I might try the Spring Fishing Show this year. I'm interested in a new type of jig called the Nose Job and the new Abu rod called a Victim (strange name for a rod actually). The rod's made from 40 ton graphite (which I believe puts it in the GLX, Legend Elite etc catagory but who knows what it really means, lol) for $179 USD (and already being sold online for $139). It looks nice and a man I know has been testing them to rave reviews so I'm interested in seeing if they are the bee's knees.

Both shows are less than great but the Spring Fishing Show is the better of the two IMO. I did not go last year but I might try the Spring Fishing Show this year. I'm interested in a new type of jig called the Nose Job and the new Abu rod called a Victim (strange name for a rod actually). The rod's made from 40 ton graphite (which I believe puts it in the GLX, Legend Elite etc catagory but who knows what it really means, lol) for $179 USD (and already being sold online for $139). It looks nice and a man I know has been testing them to rave reviews so I'm interested in seeing if they are the bee's knees.

"Villain", not "Victim"... lol