My New Boat

bpsbassman

Some of you may remember that I bought a new Tracker Pro Guide 16V last December. At that time the plan was to take the 60 from my '99 Tracker and just sell the old boat and trailer. A few weeks ago I decided to go for broke (heavy on the broke) and added a 75 four stroke Merc to the deal. The logic being that it would be easier to sell the old boat with a motor and I would be buying a boat AND motor with full warranty, plus I got a GREAT deal on the motor from my wonderful part time employer Bass Pro. There is no way that I would have been able to afford this boat if it wasn't for the generous way that they treat their employees! (shameless spam :rolleyes: )

I picked up the new boat 2 weeks ago and have sat frustrated with the rotten weather waiting for an opportunity for the maiden launch and also to get the old boat out to ensure everything was still working perfectly. With a small window of opportunity on Saturday with calm winds and some brief sunshine (and still cool temps) I made a very tough decision to forego Musky Odessey and get both boats in the water. Everything worked great on both boats :clapping::clapping:

Now I have to get the old boat (Hawg 3) prepped for sale and the new boat (Hawg 4) prepped for our first Toonie Tourney this coming Sunday. Boy am I pumped!! Yeehaa!!

The current owner of two boats. The old boat has served me well in the 3 years I've had it.

2007_0413_114319AA.jpg

The new one is significantly deeper and wider than the old one.

2007_0413_114250AA.jpg

My retirement boat??????

Hawg4.jpg

Sorry I missed everyone at Musky Odeyssey, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

One week to go to hopefully get into some action.

It's looks good Roger and congrats, you'll be the pride of the Toonie Series. You made a good move going with the new and bigger motor too and you should be really happy with that set-up.

Sorry you missed the Odyssee, I looked for you all day but can certainly see now why you weren't there.

Thanks for all the kind comments folks. This one is certainly my favourite.

Congrats Roger! You look younger in the new boat.

I wonder if I bought a 17' Targa if I would look even younger :D

It would be good to see you out on Sunday Mark. In fact everyone is welcome. Just bring a Toonie and an attitude to have fun.