damned cormorants

Spouph

OK I think I've got it...cormorants are bad. They eat too many fish, poop on my boat and kill trees. Something has to be done. By time the governments figure it that it needs to be done it'll be too late. So tomorrow I'm going to...

Leave my building inspected home early.

Take my government registered gun.

Remember my wallet with my driver's licence, hunter's licence, FAC, SIN, birth certificate, boater's licence and heath card.

Jump in my safety inspected vehicle with updated licence plates, put on my seat belt and hook up my pleasure craft licenced boat and trailer

Drive down the road being careful to obey the speed limits, stop signs, etc on my way to the government dock.

Launch and head out slowly through the no wake zone to where those cormorants are!! and BOOM

We're legistrated for a reason. We can't pick and choose which agencies are correct and which ones are not. If the MNR gives the go ahead for a cormorant hunt, fine. Until then focus on something you CAN do to improve fishing in your area.

BTW, new idea for a show...Big Bang Theory meets Swamp People. dunno.gif

I'm particularily fond of the sound their head makes, when it comes in contact with a boat hull travelling at 45mph! :jerry:

That is all!

HH

I could never get them with the old boat, but with the new one I think my odds have improved!!!

LOL...Can't believe this ones still going :thumbsup_anim:

Kind of round and round though eh?

Save 'em, thin 'em, get rid of 'em....those are both our options and opinions ina nut shell it seems.

Lots of good talk and surprisingly not “much” flaming…we should all be proud , these things usually get locked down fairly quick because a few can’t play nice.

(I know, I know…I’m not always an angel either :devil: )

The only intelligent point that I've been waiting to hear that has not been presented yet is a simple answer to the age old question

"what harm would we expect to see from opening a cormorant hunt"

If there is an intelligent point out there, I'm all ears...I have an open mind most days so lets hear it.

We've already established the “do you eat them” question is a bit moot on 2 angles.

Angle 1- There are MANY species open to hunting/trapping which we don‘t traditionally eat....

Both native & invasive species alike are currently hunted legally in Ontario purely for sporting fun.

Really anyone expecting the birds unpleasant flavour to be some sort of valid reason for being granted sanctuary….your jest has been answered as irrelvant by a LONG standing precedent.

Angle 2- Who cares?

If I wants to blast the bird for fun does that make me a crazy cold hearted

Red neck jerk....

Before you label me you should ask your self if you ever fished with live bait.

We're not so different you an I....unless you can somehow rationalize

The worth of one creatures life over another.... well...now who's crazy?