MNR Outdoors card fiasco makes local news

JeffBornFishin

Chex TV was interviewing local fisher persons today and the topic about the new MNR Outdoors card situation came up.

Chex was going to make an attempt to get an answer from the local MNR office as to why people are still being told 2-3 weeks before they can issue the new piece of paper since the validation stickers are a thing of the past. :blink:

I was told this should air on this evenings news at 6pm.

Edited by JeffBornFishin

Went into the Parry Sound Ontario government office today to renew....clerks there said best way to get what you need is on-line - the phones are very busy.

The office itself is not on-line yet with the new system and won't be until late January - 24th I think she said. The same was true with several commercial outlets in Parry Sound - Canadian Tire, etc.

Was told that the convenience store in McKellar (30 kilometers out) was up and running so went out there. Entered the front of the store at the exact moment the two owners were bent over the machine and waving their arms in the air. So no go there either.

The machine was supposed to spit out some bilous green stickers. Not sure where the 'card' part of the license comes in and the usually very efficient staff at the Parry Sound office hadn't been advised about it either.

I don't like to use credit cards on the internet so will be patient and try to get through on the phone.

I spent 3/4 of the day yesterday running around trying to get mine renewed. I drove from ptbomnr office, to pickering, and back, and still had no license. Friggen thing wouldn't accept my postal code!!!!

I ended up doing an online address change, then trying the renewal again, and it worked!!!

What a joke!

S.

I spent 3/4 of the day yesterday running around trying to get mine renewed. I drove from ptbomnr office, to pickering, and back, and still had no license. Friggen thing wouldn't accept my postal code!!!!

I ended up doing an online address change, then trying the renewal again, and it worked!!!

What a joke!

S.

You may have just solved the complaint I've seen the most! If everyone did the free on line address set-up first then went to get a license - it may just work like it should!

Michael

Well all the news showed was some sledders and ice fisher persons...no mention of any licence issues.

But they did say on behalf of the local OPP to stay off the ice as it is not safe in places.

In fact I can tell you a local resident on Chemong that resides near the Skyline trailer park went out to pop a few test holes and measured only 2 inches. That was on Wednesday.

We need some low temperatures for a sustained period to grow some ice.

I am just itching to get out :canadian:

Sure saving money on sled gas <_<

My wife's license expires 2012. :thumbsup_anim:

Mine expires 2013. :thumbsup_anim:

So you guy's get all the bugs worked out so we can have a hassle free renewal. :D

Ha, by then they will have invented something new and probably need a wheelbarrow to carry all the paperwork around with. :devil:

Well I found out why I cant get mine.When they enter my address theres NO postal code to go with it. It,s crap like this that really piss,s me off.

Im printing off from three other sites, what anglers are dealing with. The hell with them. Im fishing and I look forward to being caught and challanging this crap.

A friend of mine called last night, he spent a couple of hours trying to get his today. Finally managed to get it at CTC here in Lindsay. He was telling me that some of the retailers are really pissed off. One store had over 100 people come in to get licenses and couldn't supply them. People were leaving the store frustrated but it wasn't the stores fault.

And we pay these people big bucks for what?

I just renewed my Outdoors Card & 3 year Sport fishing licence at the Service Ontario site in Aylmer yesterday.

It took her almost 15 mins to get it done. Not her fault about the time either as she spent most of the time waiting for the system to go to the next step.Was a problem with the postal code also but she solved it.

I got 2 temporary paper tags(Outdoors Card & Fishing Tag) until my card comes in, reported to be 2 weeks.

Any tags not bought at the time of Outdoors Card purchase will not be a sticker for the back of the card but a separate paper tag required to be kept on you when needed.

This is only a small example of how inefficient government really is.... :whistling:

Can you imagine all the other do nothing government agencies that are not uncovered because they are not exposed to the public.....in the USA I would like to see government cut in half.....then take a look at what we really need and cut some more... :thumbsup_anim:

Less government is always better....here, there and wherever.....

This is only a small example of how inefficient government really is.... :whistling:

Can you imagine all the other do nothing government agencies that are not uncovered because they are not exposed to the public.....in the USA I would like to see government cut in half.....then take a look at what we really need and cut some more... :thumbsup_anim:

Less government is always better....here, there and wherever.....

And where is this system from that we are stuck using now?

Well I found out why I cant get mine.When they enter my address theres NO postal code to go with it. It,s crap like this that really piss,s me off.

Im printing off from three other sites, what anglers are dealing with. The hell with them. Im fishing and I look forward to being caught and challanging this crap.

Did you try an address change, Brian?

Worked for me. I didn't acutally change my address, just put in my proper address with postal code and it worked. I have a funny feeling my postal code was recorded wrong in the first place. I didn't get a renewal form in the mail either.

S.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

the address problem can be fixed instantly if the person selling you the license calls the office in tennessee where the license issuing machines are from. this is how the local vendor solved my issues. it took ten minutes extra, but i didn't have to go online or anything.