OFNers on Twitter?

BucktownAngler

i signed on twitter to see what it was like and to keep an eye on dave mercers tweets, but i got a number of people who want to follow me, some women, some men, and they all wanted to do sexual things with me. I guess they were trolling LOL

I only go on it once in a while now, I find it kinda hard to say anything in 140 characters.

@elhreporter

Never thought about Twitter as an angling tool Boss. Might be a reason for me to sign up.

I've just always seen it as a marketing / selling tool. Everyone who tweets typically has an agenda of somekind, whether it's to promote themselves or their products or companies. I'm not a huge fan right now.

Never thought about Twitter as an angling tool Boss. Might be a reason for me to sign up.

I've just always seen it as a marketing / selling tool. Everyone who tweets typically has an agenda of somekind, whether it's to promote themselves or their products or companies. I'm not a huge fan right now.

Your right, there is alot of businesses and promotion on Twitter but once you do create an account, you can choose who you follow therefore controling what content you view. It is actually a great tool for anglers.

@eTackle_ca

I've never liked (no pun intended) any of the so called social networks. But I guess when your goal is to get as many followers as you can, it has some marketing worth. I keep getting a mental image of sitting in a boat with fishing Bud saying "Hey I got 23 likes today, how many did you get?" Kinda makes me puke just a little. :)

either did i, but once i realized this ive been addicted. A lot of the pros are on there, and post news, tips, and articles. As well as businesses, who show new products and sales, etc.

And of course fellow anglers, who share fishing catches, tips, stories, etc.

I keep getting a mental image of sitting in a boat with fishing Bud saying "Hey I got 23 likes today, how many did you get?" Kinda makes me puke just a little. :)

I think the folks that would talk like that would be more likely to be trolling behind a computer then on the water. :)

There we go @handlebarzlures

I have not done a lot with it but plan to change that in 2012. One thing I would like to do is post reports as the fishing day goes on but I don't have the smarts or smart phone for it :wallbash:

I tried to find everyone but there was a couple that I could not find if I had not added you please check for me.

Not to steal a thread but this is also a useful tool for sports fans...I follow my Oilers get updates from morning skate line combo's to injury also almost up to the minute scores.

TSN tweets all kinds of sport headlines,great when i'm out or at work :whistling:

Anyway don't fear it try it so much useful info aside from the regular star gossip :rolleyes:

@mflintoff

There we go @handlebarzlures

I have not done a lot with it but plan to change that in 2012. One thing I would like to do is post reports as the fishing day goes on but I don't have the smarts or smart phone for it :wallbash:

I tried to find everyone but there was a couple that I could not find if I had not added you please check for me.

stalker... LOL!

Mike, if you update your stock and fishing reports you WILL get followers! Just make sure you get a smartphone so you can add pic's while out on the water. just look at Dave (FOF) and Pete (TNB) as an example.