Ice fishing the Kawartha's

Michael_Brown

Pretty sure I responded to your first shot at me Bob. Reply button is not mandatory.

Ice%20conditions2.jpg

Stay off the ice or open water, wear a seat belt, life jacket, helmet and have 911 on speed dial. Don't trust your experience or common sense. Be safe.

I'm done, moving on to another topic. Feel free to lock this post so as not to offend anyone else.

See, that's the thing Mike....I do trust my experience, since I have over a decade more than you do....as a matter of fact I was ice fishing in high school before you were born.... :whistling:

BTW and please correct me if I'm wrong....aren't you the same Mike Brown that has a financial stake in one of the Kawarthan Lakes...maybe it was Rice Lake ? ? ?

P.S. I'm not offended in anyway.....just trying to keep inexperience safe through another ice fishing season.... :)

Bob

funny---steelheaders won't post in case somebody takes their spots---so there is an assumption lurkers are out there trying to fast-track the experience curve

How can that same logic not be applied in unsafe ice fishing--talking from experience--some times youthful enthusiasm and excitement will cloud safe judgement.

the gall of someone to post a fishing report on a fishing board.

this is not wrapmyselfupinbubblewrap.com.

do you even fish bob?

BOB how dare you give your opinion on an open discussion board.

Maybe they should put that in the rules, but that's just my opinion. :sarcasm:

Bob may come accross as a redneck, but there is nothing redneck about him. If he thought it wise to post his opinion on the ice thinckness, then i am sure he felt it was the right thinkg to do. Not a jab at the OP, just a warning for new and younger ice fishing enthusiats, to be patient until ma nature is sure what she is gooing to do about the ice.

Having that opinion backed up by a wise and respected founder of this forum should be enough to validate it.

Got out today as well, buddy took me to a lil spot i'd be surprised if the ice was 4...3 for sure we had a great day lil crappy and jumbo perch.

As a 300lbs man i was a lil nervous but stayed dry and had a blast.

Thx for the report Michael. Glad to see someone is enjoying the ice.

I made a last ice report ONCE on another fishing board and got attacked by quit a few members as well. Seems I was sending the uneducated to there death beds if they read my report and tried anything as foolish as fishing on 14-18 inches of ice the first week of April :whistling:

I understand peoples concern. I however have never ever even got a soaker in 30 years on the ice. I'm probably as cautious and safety minded on the ice as anyone you could possibly meet. That is the problem with a one paragraph report on an open forum. The readers where not there and don't know the current conditions or the level of caution the poster uses when they are out.

I see both sides of the story here. An ice fisherman thrilled with finally getting out and sharing his day and a few readers worried about the safety of others. A mix that always ends with a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Sorry if they took the wind out of your sails Michael...but again congrats at getting on some ice :thumbsup_anim:

Don't bother with anymore first/last ice reports. Just enjoy your day and save the memories for your own scrapbook.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

Ok everyone,

Take a deep breath and hug amongst yourselves. The area where Mike and Chris were fishing, was in deed safe ice. As Mike had posted, take it upon yourselves to what you yourself consider to be safe ice. Why someone would get flamed or crapped upon for a fishing post is beyond me. Opinions around here are like :asshat:, everyone has got one, but some make the best of what they have.

Thanks for the post Mike, it has given me the option of getting off my :asshat: and checking out some lakes myself. Hope I get into some Whitefish. I will send you a PM so as not to offend the sensitive people on this board on how we make out.

Cheers, Ron...

Your right Bob.

I have little experience in safety, ice fishing or fishing in general. Plus my opinions are clouded by running fishing festivals for families.

Sorry.

Nice haul Mike! was thinking about making the drive, that much ice already wow! really makes ya want to do a report with so many experts behind there computers..