Go Pro model 1080P

Roy

Future Shop's boxing day flyer has the Go Pro at $189., that's $160 off the regular price. That's the in store price, online it's $30-$40 more. That's still a good price. For those of you who are using that camera, what are the good options/accessories needed with that cam? Positives/negatives please? Thanks.

They're awesome, we've actually caught bass on a line rigged with the gopro underwater, it turned out really well. Its basic to operate and has the time lapse feature, which is also good for Ice Fishin. Its also used in many HD tv shows incl. Mythbusters and The Amazing Race

Negatives - get ready for endless hours in front of the computer

- no more than 8ft away from camera during filming. Best at 4ft

Edited by SirWhite

That is a good price. Just make sure that it's not the Naked model. It comes with no mounts. At regular price I am cheaper then FS but when they have blow outs like this I feel like I should go stock up because that's cheaper than my cost.

The ride mount is a good one to get. You can clamp onto the rails of the boat, paddle, etc.

The reason its discounted so much is because of the HERO2 being released.I would suspect that the HERO will retail from between $190-220 after xmas.

I have both cameras and they are awesome. Although they push the HERO2 as being twice the camera I'm not convinced. The film I have taken is hard to tell the difference between the 2.

It has a few more features and takes nicer still shots but film quality is very close.

Here is a video shot under the ice, don't mind the audio I forgot to silence it so its kind of annoying. You can actually see the braided line..

Only been able to use it once, but the quality of video seems amazing!

Just built a shelf that will be used to mount the camera in my Ice huts to (hopefully) get some great shots/action through the ice!

One thing that is a MUST is a high quality SD card.

I tried it with a class 4, 8 gb card and it was quite choppy. I just bought a new ($120) class 10, 32gb card and that fixed the issue. With true HD video, you need a super fast card in order to keep up with the writing speeds needed by the GoPro's.

You'll love the camera though... honestly. They are amazing.

I'm still TRYING to convince the wife to let me get a 2nd... LOL