Lake Nipissing GTG on Callander Bay

Nipfisher

Nick and Dan! Did you get blown out to Sturgeon Falls last night? How'd it go? Any Ling?

No ling - we didn't get much fishing done after the storm set in as it was really hectic trying to prevent everything from blowing away - a big thanks to Nick and Jason for helping and saving my clam from blowing away. My cousin's shelter ended up blowing away. It was anchored in well but all 4 ropes ripped off and left the anchors in the ice - that's how strong the wind was. Luckily we found it the next morning (thank you Jason for helping me look!). I was 100% sure my tent would go too even though I anchored it really well, I am still surprised it didn't blow away. I was afraid to even try opening it - because I knew as soon as I opened a door it would kite up and be gone.

Kevin, thank you for providing accommodation, I am certain many more things would have been blown away if it wasn't for you.

Who owns that clam? I was looking at one today.

CIMG2497.jpg

It's my cousin's. Setting it up yourself is hard but very easy with two people. It's easily roomy enough for two people to fish in, I think it's a fine shelter under at least close to normal circumstances. I can't even really blame the manufacturer for the ropes ripping and it flying away either - those wind gusts were by far the strongest I have ever seen on the ice and I don't think any portable would stand up to them.