Good fishing cottage rentals

dave1965

Nakina might be a bit far for a 3 nighter? Worth it IMO, but that means 2 extra days vacation.

As for a boat-to lodge, I am not sure they accommodate weekends?? Maybe. If so, Ellen Island would be a great choice (assuming they have the accommodations for 12+ people - it's a small resort). They haul all your gear in for you so it's not a big deal at all. However, you are stuck on the island for the duration.

For the most part it looks like you've been to the places I would recommend.

Which Kawartha Lakes have you tried? I like fishing Pigeon Lake and Jack Lake. Plenty of cottage resorts on Pigeon and one on Jack.

Did you stay on the Upper or Lower French? Next year I hope to stay at Flat Rapids Camp for a weekend. It's on the Lower French.

You could try Georgian Bay in the 30,000 Islands region. It's busy in the summer, but should be nice in May/early June. Somewhere like Pleasant Cove or Kenlea Cottages. Pleasant Cove is nice, but more of a family resort. Kenlea is more of a fishing resort. Maybe somehwere near Parry Sound like Mill Lake Cottages.

There's a nice place on the Montreal River I wanted to try as well called White Pine Lodge. It's a boat to, but it's a 2 minute boat ride from the pick up point at Mowats Landing (where you get picked up for the Lady Ev fishing lodges).

Good luck!

Edited by FishLogic

Ok all you fishing experts.

I'm looking for a place to book our annual fishing get together. We're a group of 12 to 15 friends that have got together for fishing every late May, early June for the past 8 years.Places we`ve gone to include: The French River,Temagami, Kawarthas, and Land o`Lakes. While i usually love surfing the net looking at all the amazing places, I thought that the folks at OFC could advise some awesome places.

Aside from good fishing,of course, we are looking for cottages that could sleep each guy in seperate beds with a minimum of 6 boats with motors,for 3 nights. We`re also hoping to keep it less than 5 hours from Toronto.

So any lead would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,sincerely,

`DR`Dave

I have the same problem, 10-16 people who want their own bed. It's hard to find places ...

we use Redwingcottages.com on Chemong.

I've been going to this Camp for the last 10 years, pretty close to your drive time through Sudbury and visitors from Quebec can come in from the East.

http://www.duenorth.net/shiningtreecamp/fishing.html

Derek and Cathy are great hosts and you can count on them helping you out.

I'll be there 26 May 2012 for a week with our regular crew and if you were there at the same time I would also be happy to help you with advice.

The home Lake has Walleye,Pike,Bass(open year round) and Whitefish, all of which we've caught while sitting on shore at the Camp having a cold one :angel:, so for the less ambitious fishermen they can relax. There are also countless other lakes nearby for the same species as well as Lake,Speckle,Splake or Rainbow trout.

Boats/motors for a crew your size shouldn't be a problem and they can provide boats/motor/trailers to venture to different waters.

In case you needed it there is an LCBO outlet about 5 minutes away.

They have the beds to accommodate your group,availability may be an issue.

You can PM me if you need more info or give Derek a call they're open year round.

I have the same problem, 10-16 people who want their own bed. It's hard to find places ...

we use Redwingcottages.com on Chemong.

Hello Rodrap,

I checked out this place on the net. How long have you been going to Chemong? We,ve been to Sturgeon Lake many times and found it really good for walleye ( but there's very few if any Pike.

Edited by DR. Dave

I've been going to this Camp for the last 10 years, pretty close to your drive time through Sudbury and visitors from Quebec can come in from the East.

I'll be there 26 May 2012 for a week with our regular crew and if you were there at the same time I would also be happy to help you with advice.

The home Lake has Walleye,Pike,Bass(open year round) and Whitefish, all of which we've caught while sitting on shore at the Camp having a cold one :angel:, so for the less ambitious fishermen they can relax. There are also countless other lakes nearby for the same species as well as Lake,Speckle,Splake or Rainbow trout.

Boats/motors for a crew your size shouldn't be a problem and they can provide boats/motor/trailers to venture to different waters.

You can PM me if you need more info or give Derek a call they're open year round.

Thanks so much Spirit. This place sounds really good and I sent them an e-mail. Did you really say that Bass is open year round?

Dave

Hey Spirit,

After following through with the many leads in this post, your place , so far, has raised the most interest. However, there are very few pics on their site. Could you send me some pics if you have them? How are their cabins and boats?

Dave

Hey Spirit,

After following through with the many leads in this post, your place , so far, has raised the most interest. However, there are very few pics on their site. Could you send me some pics if you have them? How are their cabins and boats?

Dave

Thanks everyone for the amazing leads that y'all kindly sent me.

I've sent out e-mails to almost all these places and now the task of reducing it down to the winning place. I'll pm the person who suggested the place for a personal thanks.

Thanks and tight lines!!

"DR" Dave

Yes Bass is open year round here. The boundary between fishing zones is Highway 560; north of 560 open,south of 560 closed;Shining Tree and the lake is on the north side of the highway.

Deschennes lake is south of the 560 and bass is open year round