bass bass bass

walleyemaster

I can get what you're saying but bass is very popular for a reason. They're very aggressive, abundant and put up a nice fight (especially smallmouths). It's also fairly inexpensive to do (well, it CAN be inexpensive), so it appeals to more people. You can buy a cheap rod & reel, grab some worms and fish off shore for LG in almost any lake, or you can be a pro in a VERY competitive tournament, or anything in between.

Since I got into musky fishing I've almost stopped fishing for bass because I wanted to try for something bigger and more difficult to catch, plus I fished for bass exclusively all my life, I wanted to try something new.

somebody here understands what im saying and a few others too. i have a 3 acre pond stocked with bass, and yes there are monsters in there, and yes to all of you who fish them black shoelace or even white shoelace then again pink shoelace works too. i fish many lakes with huge bass huntsville area for one simcoe area for two kawartha areas for three.. do i really need to go on....

somebody here understands what im saying and a few others too. i have a 3 acre pond stocked with bass, and yes there are monsters in there, and yes to all of you who fish them black shoelace or even white shoelace then again pink shoelace works too. i fish many lakes with huge bass huntsville area for one simcoe area for two kawartha areas for three.. do i really need to go on....

I wish I had a pond, I would stock it full of walleye and pickeral

Edited by kuha

Those who only target walleye will never experience the greatest thrill in fishing - watching and feeling the smash of a topwater strike. Walleye may be tastier, trout may take skill, but seeing that very visible indication of the upcoming fight is a massive rush.

Those who only target walleye will never experience the greatest thrill in fishing - watching and feeling the smash of a topwater strike. Walleye may be tastier, trout may take skill, but seeing that very visible indication of the upcoming fight is a massive rush.

I can see walleye coming for my lure when fishing from shore at night... Just keep the headlight on low you can see your lure and the fish eyes...

Even got a walleye on a figure 8 one time doing this...

I can see walleye coming for my lure when fishing from shore at night... Just keep the headlight on low you can see your lure and the fish eyes...

Even got a walleye on a figure 8 one time doing this...

The water there is also crystal clear too which helps. Many lakes/rivers I fish have maybe 2-5' of visability. One of my favourite days of fishing was using a husky jerk this summer and seeing bass come out of nowhere to smash it.

Bass can be very fun to catch....when you're targetting them lol. It's definetely more exciting using lures to catch bass than live bait even though it's more difficult.

I had a musky nail a Topraider that was tangled and coming in backwards... Missed it... Recast... Caught it...

Right on!!!

I have one spot that I fish from shore, where it's heavy current heading west, just on the inside of an eddie. In the spring, I have caught smallies casting south, and letting the current pull it west and towards shore. I loosen up the drag and let the lure head west. So at one point, the lure is going backwards for abit, and this is where the strikes come. Almost no action on the lure at all. and I've caught a ton off bass doing this.

Edited by manitoubass2

Isn't that illegal?

General Fishing Regulations

General Prohibitions – It is illegal to:

Use artificial lights to attract fish except:

- to fish for smelt, or to fish for lake whitefish or lake herring with a dipnet

- if the light is part of a lure attached to a line used in angling