FINALLY GOT 1

canadian_copper

FOR 15YRS NOW I BEEN TELLIN MY WIFE I WANT A BOAT BEFORE IM FORTY.

FIGURES SHE WOULD WAIT IT OUT TILL 2MONTHS BEFORE.LOL

SO FIRST BOAT FOR ME . BOUGHT IT LAST NIGHT AND GONNA EAT AT ME NOT TO USE OR SEE IT TILL SPRING.

BUT SINCE I DONT KNOW CRAP ABOUT BOATS DOES SOMEONE HAVE A LINK OR TYPE IT OFF FOR ME THE MUST HAVE SAFETY THINGS I NEED ON BOARD?

AND BEEN GETTIN DOUBLE FEEDBACK YESAND NO ON DO I NEED INSURANCE ON MY BOAT TO BE ON THE WATER.

TX

NOT BRAND NEW LORD KNOWS HOW ANYONE CAN AFFORD THOSE BUT

ITS A SWEET RIDE.

18FT STRATOS WITH A 150MERC. GOOD STARTER

Mines a 17'9. I needed life jackets, 2 oars, fire extinguisher, whistle, waterproof flashlight, anchor, certain amount of rope, small bucket to get rid of water (forget the exact term), that's what was given to me when I bought mine. You don't need insurance but I got it. It wasn't too expensive

The mandatory safety equipment list is a part of the material you'll study to get the mandatory boater's card you're gonna need.

I don't think insurance is absolutely mandatory but you better check with your agent to be sure, you really need a professional opinion there. Boat that size must have cost a few bucks so I'm sure you'd want to protect it agains loss, and with all the (other) questionable operator's you may need the security.

Keep the wet side down and congratulations!

Michael

Sweet Ride !!!! I know the feeling.I bought my new boat last January, and had to wait till April. I left mine at the dealer though, so i didnt have to look at it all winterwhistling.gif That would have killed me.

Congrats, and drive safely.Cant see if it has gps or sonar.If not, get one for the console and one for the bow.

Great ride buddy! People have posted about safety equipments on board, I like to remind you about engine care and trailer servicing. Make sure you always have engine oil in the reservoir, if you hear the warning beep due to insufficient engine oil, you need to pop the hood and loosen this plastic cap to allow the oil to fill to the top. As for trailers, make sure you grease the hubs every 2-3 yrs. Always check your lights, straps and locks!

Good morning Scott. Congrats on the great boat. You're going to have a heck of a good time with that bomb for sure! As for your safety requirements, everything is quite straightforward. Just print off the link here and go shopping for what you don't have. This is all explained in the booklet called "Safe Boating Guide" (TP 511E).

Here's the link to the safety items page that concerns you. http://www.tc.gc.ca/...less6m-1791.htm

Have a great time.

ps. The booklet is available at Transport Canada offices or even at any OPP detachment.

Very nice Scott and congrats on your 1st boat, she's a beaut !!

Your gonna enjoy the extra freedom now that your not stuck on shore all the time.

If you haven't had too much experience driving a boat with a larger engine, maybe get a bud to go out with you at the start, just till you get the hang of trimming it and anything else your not familiar with.

Edited by lew