Looking for a Cottage

crankbait

Some friends and I are looking to book a cottage anywhere within 4-5hrs of Toronto that is available to rent this time of the year. Waterfront property would be great, we are just looking to unwind and relax. I've been searching but most places rent weekly, we are looking to perhaps rent for 3 nights only. Close to some Prov Park would be great since we enjoy hiking. Thanks

Some friends and I are looking to book a cottage anywhere within 4-5hrs of Toronto that is available to rent this time of the year. Waterfront property would be great, we are just looking to unwind and relax. I've been searching but most places rent weekly, we are looking to perhaps rent for 3 nights only. Close to some Prov Park would be great since we enjoy hiking. Thanks

It's off season, the vast majority will rent for less than a week.

Trust me it's worth at least inquiring.

I managed to get a one night cottage rental last week no problem.

Always loved Blue Spruce Resort on Oxtongue Lake (nice bass lake). On the western edge of Algonquin and not too far from Arrowhead. There's wifi so you can maintain your OFC fix as well ;)

The Haydens are super great people and Scott is always up for talking about spring flyfishing in the Park.

There are a boatload of places that rent daily in the off season. There are many private cottages and plenty of all-season resorts available. Recently, I spent a good deal of time trying to find somewhere to rent on a lake stocked with Splake. I came across plenty of private cottages available for weekend rentals. I am sure you could find something on Lake Huron or Georgian Bay near the Bruce trail system. Plenty near Algonquin Park as well.

One place that comes to mind and that I've been wanting to stay at for a long time is Limberlost Forest and Wildlife Reserve. I have yet to go, but it's always on my mind when I plan a trip. It's an all-season "resort" located right outside of Algonquin Park. I am not sure exactly which cottages are lakefront and open all year, but it sounds like it might be good for you if you like to hike and nature watch. They look to be very private as well. Also, some of those lakes are stocked with Rainbow Trout, which is open all year in FMZ15.

Good luck!

One place that comes to mind and that I've been wanting to stay at for a long time is Limberlost Forest and Wildlife Reserve. I have yet to go, but it's always on my mind when I plan a trip. It's an all-season "resort" located right outside of Algonquin Park. I am not sure exactly which cottages are lakefront and open all year, but it sounds like it might be good for you if you like to hike and nature watch. They look to be very private as well. Also, some of those lakes are stocked with Rainbow Trout, which is open all year in FMZ15.

Good luck!

Been there ice fishing. An amazing place for sure, Stayed in one of the remote cabins, Ted brought us in and Arctic Cat used to groom trails. Great fishing.