Can You Spot The Atlantic In This Pic?

solopaddler

Agreed, drinking them is much preferred.

165_Kelt.jpg

Nope, read my earlier reply bud.

It was a fly fisherman who caught it and roped it. He had no use for the eggs, they were spilled out all over the ground.

mmmmmmm kelt. Probably tastes about as good as the brown that's beside it.

Wasn't intending that you roped it Mike!

Too bad it spilled, stuff probably works better than brownie roe :jerry:

I'm joking, for anyone who is humor-blind.

Wasn't intending that you roped it Mike!

I know that. :lol:

Too bad it spilled, stuff probably works better than brownie roe :jerry:

I'm joking, for anyone who is humor-blind.

As mentioned earlier the "sportsman" who caught it scooped up all the loose eggs from the ground and chummed them in the run he was fishing.

This after I jokingly told him he should do that, and in the same breath informed him the practice was illegal. :D

He was part of a group of 12 guys from New York city. All of them lined up in a row chucking, ducking and flossing to their hearts content with Aerosmith playing on a boombox in the background. :D

He was part of a group of 12 guys from New York city. All of them lined up in a row chucking, ducking and flossing to their hearts content with Aerosmith playing on a boombox in the background. :D

Ah yes, the sounds of pursuing natural fish in their environment. thwack! "comin down!"

I don't think anyone is making any claim regarding "purists." As I've said, each community is populated by idiots.

^^ This.

I get tired of the fly vs. gear argument and stereotypes (a bunch of fairy-wand, micro-fly greenies vs. redd-raping meat fisherman) - as stated above, there are idiots who fish both ways (and in the case of many LO tribs, an interesting combo of the two!).

My point in my first post was that why would only fly anglers care about a dead atlantic - are they the only ones who care about the resource? No - there are many 'fly anglers' who would happily snag that same fish and throw it on the stringer while I know there are many gear anglers that would happily release it back into the river...

Kingsalmon that sucks that someone was a prick too your kid, not cool - but if he had been toting an ugly stick and spinning reel (instead of expensive fly gear), would you still spray it all over the net and try to push a stereotype?

Ernie did up the MudHole MHx 1203 10ft 6-12lb for me. I was hit up by one big old beat up male today. The rod is nice and I look forward to the next time the water is high and fish are more agressive! Overall pretty slow down there.

I also caught somebody's poor fishing line that had broke off above the float with a shaker on. The fish was deep hooked and bleeding, but still very spunky. I let it go since I only hooked the float, not the fish, but wonder if it would survive with the hook still in it's throat?

Ernie did up the MudHole MHx 1203 10ft 6-12lb for me. I was hit up by one big old beat up male today. The rod is nice and I look forward to the next time the water is high and fish are more agressive! Overall pretty slow down there.

I also caught somebody's poor fishing line that had broke off above the float with a shaker on. The fish was deep hooked and bleeding, but still very spunky. I let it go since I only hooked the float, not the fish, but wonder if it would survive with the hook still in it's throat?

Very cool, that's exactly the blank I'm considering. Does it have a very fast action? Hopefully so...

Crazy snagging the shaker with the line hanging out of it. I probably would have dispatched it and brought it home if it was hooked that deep, but hey you never know.

^^ This.

I get tired of the fly vs. gear argument and stereotypes (a bunch of fairy-wand, micro-fly greenies vs. redd-raping meat fisherman) - as stated above, there are idiots who fish both ways (and in the case of many LO tribs, an interesting combo of the two!).

My point in my first post was that why would only fly anglers care about a dead atlantic - are they the only ones who care about the resource? No - there are many 'fly anglers' who would happily snag that same fish and throw it on the stringer while I know there are many gear anglers that would happily release it back into the river...

Kingsalmon that sucks that someone was a prick too your kid, not cool - but if he had been toting an ugly stick and spinning reel (instead of expensive fly gear), would you still spray it all over the net and try to push a stereotype?

I wasn't trying to push a stereotype. I was only reflecting on my experience from last week and it wouldn't matter if the guy had a spinning rod, float rod or fly rod. Personally I could care less who keeps a fish and who doesn't. If you are within the legal limit, so be it, Case closed.

Very cool, that's exactly the blank I'm considering. Does it have a very fast action? Hopefully so...

Crazy snagging the shaker with the line hanging out of it. I probably would have dispatched it and brought it home if it was hooked that deep, but hey you never know.

Solopaddler,

Next post and you hit 6000! Wow, congratulations. Your posts are always informative and entertaining. Thanks :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Edited by Kingsalmon

We all know you shouldn't stereo type any angler based on the method chosen. That same fly angler could be a gear angler the next day.

Crazy that they kept an atlantic but at the sametime its hard to be surprised with all the craziness we see during salmon and trout runs.

Nice fish Solo, I never get tired of reading your reports and have learned a lot so far.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

personally i find the tactic stereotypes funny, and obviously like in any stereotype there are little nuggets of truth to them as much as their are exceptions.

. speaking of which, what's with musky guys and what are they trying to make up for?

:jerry::sarcasm:

personally i find the tactic stereotypes funny, and obviously like in any stereotype there are little nuggets of truth to them as much as their are exceptions.

. speaking of which, what's with musky guys and what are they trying to make up for?

:jerry::sarcasm:

I find some of them amusing but some people get really worked up and really believe in it.

Don't even get me started on those musky guys, :sarcasm: haha.