Does a big fish in the 1st 5 min jinx your day?

GBW

Well, like the title says; does a big fish in the first 5 min. of fishing jinx the rest of your day?

Thoughts? This came from a chat in the boat today and from what happenednd in the boat today with Jigger... :mellow:

Geoff

Edited by GBW

Well, like the title says; does a big fish in the first 5 min. of fishing jinx the rest of your day?

Thoughts? This came from a chat in the boat today and from what happenednd in the boat today with Jigger... :mellow:

Geoff

Since we have no pics, you didn't get one! Yes it has happened 'dropping' (set the depth on a 'stick' and drop it) a Williams ice fishing and was taken on the way down, should have went home right there and then!

Look at it this way. If you go out and fish all day.....no bites, but you keep working at it then just before you're about to call it a day you hit a big one. Wouldn't you think that you saved the day and it turned out good cause you got a big one? I think so.

Geoff

Now that I think of it, that's happened to me a few times recently :huh:

although you set your pesidence higher first thing in the morning....it gives you something to think about until/when/if the next one bites....you know how the saying goes....a bad day fishin...is better then a good day at work...and catching a big or little one in the morning IMO..is not a bad day at all...just some days are better then others...i went 0 for 2 this morning in a couple of hours but it was still a good day

Cheers

Edited by Twocoda

My immediate response was/is no.

And by the true definition of the word jinx (bad luck/curse) that is the only correct answer, because there is no such thing.

However because we anglers tend to get in our own way sometimes I could invision a scenario where you catch a big fish with a technique/presentation that really shouldn't work based on any number of reasons. You then think you are on a pattern that works and spend the rest of the day fishing based that one fluke fish at the start. :Gonefishing:

are you suggesting that you have caught a big fish before Paul? sarcasm.gif

Yup, and it doesnt mater if i catch the biggest one first or last either.biggrin.giftongue.gif

However, if i keep my fish in a live well, and release them before changing places, I find i get more fish.I find releasing them as soon as i catch them, reduces the amount i catch. Something about pheremones.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any day i get a big fish... my day is made... regardless of what happens next...

the 2 biggest musky i got this year were first fish of the day... we boated 2 more each day after the big ones...

the hard thing is when you boat a pig of a fish all the rest seem so small afterwords...lol

Yup, and it doesnt mater if i catch the biggest one first or last either.biggrin.giftongue.gif

However, if i keep my fish in a live well, and release them before changing places, I find i get more fish.I find releasing them as soon as i catch them, reduces the amount i catch. Something about pheremones.

Thats right Paul , i am taking note's here : don't let them out to go tell the others .good.gif.... lol