Outboard motors Grease nipples

icefisherman

I am sure someone know this one so let me ask....

Just finished winterizing the boat/trailer/motors etc....all done but managed to brake one of the grease nipples on the main motor in the process...got scared as I was not sure how to remove to broken piece that remained inside the motor body....anyhow...got some good advice to use easy out but didn't have any such thing...then searched the web and saw people using small torx...I modified that and tried a very small philips screwdriver and couldn't believe how easy it came out...less than 15 sec...I guess siting in all that grease all the time helps :clapping: So it works...for others who might get into the same situation...

Now I have both ends of it out and a small spring that I guess was inside of it....so now need to find a replacement....motors is Suzuki but I'd imagine that doesn't matter...where can I get one for replacement and few extra ones?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

Right but I think there are regular ones (with no spring inside) and the ones with the spring used in outboard motors...do the NAPA ones come with springs inside? I guess the spring prevents the grease from coming out on its own?

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

Thanks guys. What can I say - one can always count on members for good info and advice....picked up a package today from NAPA (5 in a bag M6) for $4.99 then went to CT for the Shoe Goo and saw the nipples there for cheaper ($3 something)...oh well...I though CT is always more expoensive...I guess not always :whistling:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman