Costa Del Mar polarized sunglasses

lhousesoccer

So I'm out on the lake on Monday in high winds and I take a wave over the bow and it soaks my face. I turned my head quickly to avoid the bulk of the splash, and I must have snapped my head to the right a little hard. My Oakley Monster Dog polarized disappeared into 60 feet of water.

I'm now shopping for a new pair. I've heard some good things about the Costa Del Mars, especially those with their 580 lens technology, but I've never put a pair on my face. Does anyone like them? What models?

The Blackfin line looks interesting, and so does the Fathom, although the Fathom may not look great on my as they are listed as a "medium" fit on the Costa website.

Anyone wear Costas?

I own a pair of the 580s as well and think they're fantastic. If you're interested check out the website steepandcheap.com. They have a new deal every 20min or so and once in a while costas come up for great prices. I got my 580s for $80. Catch is that you have to take the frames they offer. Go to basspro and try on a bunch of different frames to get an idea what fits. Check the costa website and they give you a size rating for each frame. It's a great deal if you're not too picky and are willing to wait till you find something good.

I wear costas with the 580 lense as well. Best pair of shades I've owned. I don't remember the frame style but like timmeh said, I went to BPS, tried different styles & picked the one that fits me best -- it's all the same glass. For me it was important that they fit around without much light sneaking in through the gaps.

Ebay is where I ended up getting mine for a nice discount.

Edited by Raf

Great shades. I've had 2 pairs of 580 triple tails. Also great warranty service from Costa, gave me a new pair when I smashed a lens when a jig popped out of a fish at boatside.

Can't understate the importance of wearing sunglasses always when fishing to protect from objects and damage from the sun.