Wedding plans NF

Headhunter

Hey folks,

My niece is getting married next fall and is looking for a "resort" in the Muskokas or any other central Ontario spot, that could accommodate the service and their guests. She is open to considering everything.

I thought I'd pick all your brains for suggestions as to where to book. I know she has contacted the major players/resorts. I would appreciate any advice suggestions you may have.

Thanks in advance!

HH

Well a wedding at Taboo could get a expensive fast. I remember we looked at doing a wedding in the Muskoka's and found that most places couldn't accommdate 150+ guests. Lots of great places around 80-120 guests if I remember correctly. We really liked Severn Lodge.

At my son's wedding EVERYONE was from out of town including the couple getting married....they actually live about 40 miles south of Syracuse, NY where the wedding was held.....with EVERYONE getting rooms at the hotel that the wedding was held made it the best wedding I have ever been to....errrr...except mine of course...LOL

Try Christies Mill Inn and Spa. Its up in Port Severn, small, yet nice. We got married there, had about 80 people only as even Christies gets pricey after a few people are added. We had a great experience with them though, and the food was incredible.

www.christiesmill.com

I used to work at Viamede, not a bad spot. There was no church on site then, the one in the picturelooks like one that was about 1/2 hour away? Mind you this was also 22 years ago...If it's a small wedding their was also the Church on the Rock on Stoney Lake, I always liked that.

As for Deerhurst, I do not recommend them. I stayed there a couple of years ago. $300.00 for the night. Had to park at the airport because their parking was full. I was responsible for trying to figure out how to get to and from my truck, they would not shuttle. That's just the beginning of my brutal experience with them.

I used to work at Viamede, not a bad spot. There was no church on site then, the one in the picturelooks like one that was about 1/2 hour away? Mind you this was also 22 years ago...If it's a small wedding their was also the Church on the Rock on Stoney Lake, I always liked that.

As for Deerhurst, I do not recommend them. I stayed there a couple of years ago. $300.00 for the night. Had to park at the airport because their parking was full. I was responsible for trying to figure out how to get to and from my truck, they would not shuttle. That's just the beginning of my brutal experience with them.

There is a church on the site now but I'm not sure how long it has been there. It was also taken over by new managers about a year or so ago, very nice young man, Ben and he has made a lot of upgrades to the place. I was there last summer and it was beautiful and seemed to be very well run.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have passed them along to my niece.

They are looking at approximately 80 people at this point...

Bernie, appreciate the offer, but I don't think you can accomodate 80... plus, I wouldn't get much "wedding stuff" done there as I would be out in the boat catching fish!

Thanks again all... and thanks for the offer to cook BB! I would surely enjoy a wedding dinner of Crappie or Perch!

HH