Tuesday April 10

Castmaster

Well We definately faired better this evening than I did this morning. Caught the big skunk this morning. But we busted out the jigging sticks instead of the handlines. Fished the mud-line out in front of Alter rd.. Launched at Windsor about 6:15, fishing by 6:30. Blue/white jig-heads, watermelon and silver FinnS minnows. Boated 8 nice fish by 8:00 and off the water by 8:15. Lost a few on the way up too. My buddy Mike and I agreed that we did better than we expected to. Would have stayed to limit out but Mike didn't have any lights on his trailer to tow it home in the dark. Alter Rd. is US waters so limit on the river in US water is 5 fish in the spring. Would have fished Canadian water where the limit is 6 but it was way too dirty from the high west winds we've had for the last week.

Derek___Mike_April_10_2007_8_walleye.JPG

Way to find them Buddy!!! Looks like it's going to be another great year on the river!!!

Terry, that is a funny comment.....would you eat walleye from Erie or Lake St. Clair??? This is where these fish are from....they are as safe as anywhere else in Canada (well almost)!!! LOL!!!

Chrispy!

Hey guys, did you check the regulations on eating those fish? You might want to see if that many are edible or edible at all. Could be filled with contaminants. Good luck.

Terry

These fish are no more polluted than the fish you buy at the grocery store. Unless you happen to buy farm raised fish. Walleye and perch are hauled up in Lake Erie. Guesse what drains into Erie... the Detroit River. Not to mention all the polutants that have already made their way down from the St. Clair river. IMO Lake Ontario (where alot of you guys fish) is the most polluted lake of them all since it's at the end of the line.

Edited by Castmaster