Been a rough week

DRIFTER_016

Last Monday I got back from my annual 6 week trip to Alaska (report to come) and on Thurday my dad phones and tells me mom is very ill in the hospital and not expected to make it. :(

I quickly booke a flight (I leave on Monday for Ontario) and call dad on Friday evening only to find out she passed on that afternoon).

I made plans to get out for some fishing before heading to Ontario to help take my mind off things. Then this morning I wake up to a bunch of messageson the computer only to find out a good buddy died Friday night. :wallbash:

I can't beleive I lost my mom and a good friend in the space of 12 hours!!! :(

Well my buddy and I head to the lake this morning and finally things start to change.

We head up the lake to do a little trolling for pike and lakers and plan to head to the river later and dip some ciscoes as the run is on and my bait stocks are running low.

The north of the lake is where we plan to start and it was a good choice as we landed 4 lakers and about a dozen pike. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy.

Pike1.jpg

Trout1.jpg

Fightin1.jpg

Trout2.jpg

Pike2.jpg

Fightin.jpg

BigTrout.jpg

Got Bait? :D

Ciscoes.jpg

Cisco_pkg.jpg

Next stop Pearson Intl. Airport.

I plan to hit up some steelies since I have to fly East. B)

do you use the ciscoes for ice fishing?

im a bit overstocked with big bait (9-12 inches) for musky...and was gunna freeze some for ice fishing... do you add anything in the baggy? or just the bait?

Yep, I use them for ice fishing and spring fishing for pike and lakers.

I usually just stuff them in freezer bags.

I'm also going to start brining them using this recipe before tossing them in the freezer.

I'll probably do it with these when I get back home at the end of the month.

Yep, I use them for ice fishing and spring fishing for pike and lakers.

I usually just stuff them in freezer bags.

I'm also going to start brining them using this recipe before tossing them in the freezer.

I'll probably do it with these when I get back home at the end of the month.

Sorry to hear of your losses but thanks a bunch for that link. Going to try that.