stocked trout ponds

northernpike56

I don't know if you're talking about the same kinds of places but the stocked ponds that I know are the ones I used to take the kids to once or twice a year. Some were pay per pound ponds others were pay per fish. Kinda like going to the fish store with a fishing rod. You'd throw a kernel of corn or a blueberry, ANYTHING in there and you'd have 100 trout boiling up to the surface. Fun for a few fish for the kids but not my idea of fishing at all. They don't have to abide by Provincial fishing regulations at all. They only had one rule. If you catch a fish, you just bought it.

I don't know if you're talking about the same kinds of places but the stocked ponds that I know are the ones I used to take the kids to once or twice a year. Some were pay per pound ponds others were pay per fish. Kinda like going to the fish store with a fishing rod. You'd throw a kernel of corn or a blueberry, ANYTHING in there and you'd have 100 trout boiling up to the surface. Fun for a few fish for the kids but not my idea of fishing at all. They don't have to abide by Provincial fishing regulations at all. They only had one rule. If you catch a fish, you just bought it.

that sounds exactly like the ponds im talking about whistling.gif

Thanks! They seem like another good option!

I'll second the recommendation for Primrose! He is actually just west of Highway 10 and South of 89. It is located on the Blind Line.

I bought some fish from him this year to stock our pond. He has Browns, Rainbows, and Brook trout. Beautiful ponds to fish!

• 1 year later...

I used to flyfish at international trout ponds but looks like they might have gone out of business. I've tried calling them but the number is out of service and they haven't replied to my email. Cheers jeff