need some positive thoughts and prayers

Well, I got a call yesterday and I found out that my mother has breast cancer. The doctor found a small mass and a biopsy confirmed that it was cancerous.

She and the doctors have no idea how far along the cancer is or if it has spread. She is scheduled for surgery in November. I haven't seen my mother cry so much since my grandmother died almost 20 yrs ago. She's a strong woman, but I don't know if she can handle this. My father is also a wreck and with his heart I'm worried he'll have a heart attack.

Anyways, I'm wondering if everyone could say a prayer or send positve thoughts her way.

Thanks all

Dave

Our thoughts are with you for sure.

Dave, I know what you are going through, I took my mother to the hospital last Feb 14, Had never been seriously sick in her life (90) Except for a broken leg.

In six weeks we lost her.

I have a sister in law who is five years free of the it. All will work out well. There is so much they can do now.

A

My grandfathers girlfriend was diagnosed and finished all treatment approx. 8mnths ago. She is completely cancer-free now and doing very well! Keep focusing on the positive outcome that could be your Mom's.

If she hasn't already, have your Mom watch The Secret. There is a great part in there for her. In times like this, it doesn't matter how "out there" believing in something may seem, if there is even a slight chance it might work, it's worth a shot!

All the best thoughts and hopes to you and your parents Dave.

When you are given the "C" word (i speak from life) you just want to curl up and cry . But as someone who has so far , not given in , lots

of new treatments lots of hope . Im still here and I hope she will allso do well , just stand with her and good things will come . My prayers go out to you and yours.

I know what your going through Dave. I went through the same thing with my mom 4 yrs ago. My mom had a mesectomy done and has been cancer free ever since. She is 75 yrs old and had a choice of removing the breast or just the affected area. She was told there would be a better chance of getting all of it if the breast was removed. She said I don't need em anymore so take it all off. There was no doubt in her mind or mine that she would make a full recovery. Stay positive and I will say aprayer for your mom as well.