My wife bought a tablet

Fisherman

My wife finally got with the computerized world and bought a tablet, a Samsung Galaxy. After much cursing, foot stomping, swearing to go see a divorce lawyer, I got it to hook up to the wifi. Now I need a tablet, make it Advil. Why couldn't she take up fishing instead, fishing rods are so much easier to manage.

I thought he was smarter then that too Wayne. :tease:

Hey that's not funny, part 11 to this, I'm pretty good at following instructions, hook up the router, it blinks and beeps, does what its supposed to. Do you think that damm tablet would hook up to the wifi thingy, nooooo, a day later and a mobile tech shows up. He confirms I did everything right, finds out that the Tablet will only hook up if the highest security setting is enabled on the router. Time for another pill. :wallbash:

My brother in law got an i-pad thru work. His 2 year old has taken it over. LOL

Its actually quite amazing........at 2 he is scrolling thru his favorite games, doing i-puzzles, knows how to put his fingers on the screen and zoom in and out on the screen. Its hilarious to watch.

I've been looking at tablets for a few months now. My wife is not into computers, but says she'd love a tablet for reading, having recipes in the kitchen at her finger tips etc. Not into the 3G ones - just Wi-Fi. I'm not an Apple person and hate how they force you through iTunes for everything and don't give you a direct way to load stuff onto the tablet via a USB.

I've narrowed it down to the Motorola Xoom or the Samsung Galaxy. Xoom is $499 USD and the Galaxy is $599 USD for the 32gb versions. How much are they going for north of the border?

Does anyone have experience with either than can tell me how they differ and whether it's worth another $100 for the Galaxy over the Xoom?

I've been looking at tablets for a few months now. My wife is not into computers, but says she'd love a tablet for reading, having recipes in the kitchen at her finger tips etc. Not into the 3G ones - just Wi-Fi. I'm not an Apple person and hate how they force you through iTunes for everything and don't give you a direct way to load stuff onto the tablet via a USB.

I've narrowed it down to the Motorola Xoom or the Samsung Galaxy. Xoom is $499 USD and the Galaxy is $599 USD for the 32gb versions. How much are they going for north of the border?

Does anyone have experience with either than can tell me how they differ and whether it's worth another $100 for the Galaxy over the Xoom?

Hands down I would go with the Samsung they are known for there computers, tv and phones. Motorola isn't nearly as good in my mind.

I own samsung for all my electronics from tv, computer lap top cant go wrong.

I agree to apple is a pain in the neck. They a great product but cost an arm and a leg to get them and the accessories for them.

Spend the extra 100 and get something that will last. And has a good name behind it.

Hands down I would go with the Samsung they are known for there computers, tv and phones. Motorola isn't nearly as good in my mind.

I own samsung for all my electronics from tv, computer lap top cant go wrong.

I agree to apple is a pain in the neck. They a great product but cost an arm and a leg to get them and the accessories for them.

Spend the extra 100 and get something that will last. And has a good name behind it.

come to the dark side, and you might just like what you find. besides reason you can't get stuff off it has a lot to do with DMR. If you look hard enough I'm sure you can find a routewhistling.gif

$ wise you aren't that far off in pricing if you guys are dropping $500 plus for one.

and when you occupy 80% of the tablet market it's unfortunate but 3rd party vendors will charge a premium for accessories.

My wife finally got with the computerized world and bought a tablet, a Samsung Galaxy. After much cursing, foot stomping, swearing to go see a divorce lawyer, I got it to hook up to the wifi. Now I need a tablet, make it Advil. Why couldn't she take up fishing instead, fishing rods are so much easier to manage.

I love the iPad. And because it's an Apple product, it just works - all the time, every time. No cursing, foot stomping, or swearing required!

Love the Galaxy. IMO the best system is Android....and they are only getting stronger!