sick bird found

newboykool

I found a starling in my backyard this early summer. It didn't look good at all. It was moving a little but you could tell it was sick. The little ones were worried about the bird. I kept them away from the bird and told them that it might catch its breath and fly away again or it could be very sick and might die. The very next day the kids were in the yard and right away started yelling that the bird was gone, that it had flown away. And that's the wonderful thing about this stuff...birds will most likely be gone the next day and you can choose the ending you want.

I found a starling in my backyard this early summer. It didn't look good at all. It was moving a little but you could tell it was sick. The little ones were worried about the bird. I kept them away from the bird and told them that it might catch its breath and fly away again or it could be very sick and might die. The very next day the kids were in the yard and right away started yelling that the bird was gone, that it had flown away. And that's the wonderful thing about this stuff...birds will most likely be gone the next day and you can choose the ending you want.

Great story Roy,happy ending. :(:)

I'm surprised that no one has heard of the Toronto Wildlife Centre. Give them a call at (416) 631-0662, they are your best bet by far. Oh, and you've got a Common Grackle there; a very angry one by the looks of it.

www.torontowildlifecentre.com

Only place that will take that bird is the humain society at downsview park, 401 and the Allen. You will have take it there your self, they dont do pick ups.

I'm surprised that no one has heard of the Toronto Wildlife Centre. Give them a call at (416) 631-0662, they are your best bet by far. Oh, and you've got a Common Grackle there; a very angry one by the looks of it.

www.torontowildlifecentre.com

Please do not do either of these. One of the reasons people are hesitant about donating money to charities is because of how the money is allocated. Sorry, but these organisations have better uses of people's time and money than fixing up common birds. Not much harm done here if a raccoon gets to it.

Edited by Lota lota