Ending My River Bass Season Gloriously(Report with Pics)

Musky or Specks

My son this summer has recently rediscovered his love of fishing and we've managed to get out river bassin 5 or six times together but the action has never been hot and heavy. 5 or 6 fish a trip but no huge fish and no days were we slayed em.

With the upcoming weather forecast I knew today would be an excellent opportunity to get out and lay a beating on them.

My day started at 8 am with getting out a bed to meet RL42 who had purchased my old steelhead rod and was coming from London to pick it up. Rob it was nice to meet you and I hope someday we can meet up for some fishing. Maybe I'll show you my musky spots on your home water.

Hopped in the car and went to pick up timmies for the house and got home and started to make breakfast for everyone. Cheesy eggs,Bacon and English Muffins. Leisurely breakfast and watching Friday night PVR of Blue Bloods(Great Show)behind us we get our gear together and talked about what we should do.

Finally we get to the river and walk to our spot wetting our lines by about 1:30 which was my plan from the start as I wanted to give the sun a chance to get those sunfish moving.

Its such an incredible joy for me to watch the happiness on my son's face as he lands the first fish of the day. The size doesn't matter to him or I, you can tell he's really Jonesing for fishing again and that warms me heart.

thanksgivingbassin001.jpg

Like I figured the fish were schooled up in here and had the feed bag on. Its soooo awesome when a plan comes to fruition.

Da fish

thanksgivingbassin003.jpg

thanksgivingbassin004.jpg

thanksgivingbassin005.jpg

thanksgivingbassin006.jpg

thanksgivingbassin007.jpg

thanksgivingbassin008.jpg

thanksgivingbassin009.jpg

thanksgivingbassin012.jpg

thanksgivingbassin013.jpg

thanksgivingbassin015.jpg

thanksgivingbassin016.jpg

thanksgivingbassin021.jpg

thanksgivingbassin024.jpg

thanksgivingbassin025.jpg

thanksgivingbassin027.jpg

He beat me in numbers but I did manage the biggest a 19 inch oinker

thanksgivingbassin019.jpg

thanksgivingbassin020.jpg

A couple of very short videos taken with my camera so the quality is kind of lacking

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePdsharpe#p/a/u/1/B4Igqp82_uk

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePdsharpe#p/a/u/0/IKLU7hsW9xg

We definitely saved our best day of fishing for last. While he goes out to his girlfriends for thanksgiving dinner with her I just might sneak out on my own tomorrow Everyone has got to take advantage of this weather.

Fish were all caught on Yum tubes or Yamato worms

Edited by Musky or Specks

A Great reportclapping.gif Nice to share your passion with familly.Those smallies are beautifull colored.

I got stuck doing the Honey Do list today, but the next 2 days are Minegood.gif Happy Thanks Giving !!

Edited by mercman

Simply fantastic....hope that my son gets back into it in the next few years...thanks for sharing that

I bet he will. I wasn't sure my son would and it only took about three years and he's even more hooked than he was as a child,although girlfriend is still his #1 priority

Edited by Musky or Specks

Great pics, report and fishing - never knew those tubes could be that effective. I hardly use'em for bass. Question for you Brad, after using a tube for a day or so's fishing, it looses that oil/scent that they come with in the package, but can you still keep it and reuse it in the future?

Great pics, report and fishing - never knew those tubes could be that effective. I hardly use'em for bass. Question for you Brad, after using a tube for a day or so's fishing, it looses that oil/scent that they come with in the package, but can you still keep it and reuse it in the future?

They are salt impregnated. So even though the salt on the outside washes off when the fish picks it up it still taste real.