Your group trip 2011

Sketty55

Hi all. I just confirmed today that my last tentatively planned fishing trip out to Kawarthas this weekend is now cancelled. Everyone has thrown in the towel, meaning that my season is over. I hate this feeling but on the brighter side i'm looking forward to trying out some new waters next year.

Over the winter I hope to plan a summer getaway for me and the boys (within a 4 hr drive of the gta), including an overnight stay. I've never planned an overnight trip before but I'm hoping to hear from some of you for places or suggestions for areas that you've stayed at with your crew that you particularly enjoyed and would recommend. I'm not looking for any secret areas, and would love to see any pics that members have from this past summer. Thanks!

Booo! Sorry to hear the trip is cancelled....that stinks. Lots and lots and lots of places to go within 4hrs of GTA....I would have to say make the stretch and go for Temagami. Plenty of places to stay for a weekend past North Bay...in cabins or tents, paid or on crown land.

I recently had a fishing weekender on the Upper French River and stayed at Bryer Lodge. The French River is probably one of the nicer places to cottage/fish within a 4 hour drive of GTA. I have only fished it in the Fall though, so not entirely sure what it's like in the Summer months. Our cottage at Bryer Lodge was one of the nicest I have stayed at for a fishing trip. There are plenty of other lodges in the Lower and Upper French as well that are probably just as nice as well.

For our fall trip next year I think we are going to fish the Lower French and try to book accommodations at Flat Rapids Camp.

We have a trip coming up on the 14th, Booked a cottage on a lake 5 of us going cost $150 ea for the cottage for 3 nights, plus our food and booze. I have been doing resorts the last five years thought we would give this a go!

Rob C