Fishing Golf Course or Water Runoff Ponds

rhymobot

I was playing a course in Brampton and while waiting for my shot I had a look at the pond. Saw a few small largies cruising back and forth.

When the round was up I took the cart back to my car, picked up 2 retractables with some small lures and headed back to the 4th hole.

It was dark by now. Ten minutes of fishing and we were hitting largies and rockbass one after the other. However, they were all half pound or less. I guess they never seen lures before.

So... do you think all golf course ponds and those water runoff ponds in the middle of subdivisions are stocked with bass and maybe cats? They're there to regulate the water no?

I used to fish on the golf course at Centennial hill in Etobicoke, I think it was around the 3rd hole or so. Pond was full of bass. In Florida and Myrtle Beach I always have a retractable rod with me while golfing. If I don't catch at least a 3 pounder my golf day was unsuccessful!

courses that have tour events DO stock the ponds. Angus Glen stocked a few ponds in the past (2007) because Tiger, Mark O'M, Davis Love III and a few others love to bass fish in the 'down time' for the week they are there at the event. Others that are smaller, not so much. But if a river runs through it, you never know...

Edited by GBW

About 5-6 yrs. ago there was a thread on here about fishing these areas.

There seemed to be largies all over the place in stormwater drain off ponds.

These folks used Google maps to find areas and found bass in them. For some reason threads were locked and a website was formed just dedicated to fishing urban storm run off sites.

Good luck with trying this...

But you said there were trophy musky in a golf course pond...you mean that was a joke? Did I miss something?

yeah....you missed the part where I thought I thought you were being sarcastic ("I don't believe you", I thought it was funny) and was continuing your sarcasm. If you really must know it was bass and carp in a river that got me fishing the courses.

Anyways I changed the quote to "whatever" just before you posted in an attempt to head off bad intentions.

So one last "....whatever" from me.

Hey Sinclair will you and GBW let me join your "GANG" lmao .... where do these guys come from ... Oh ya WHITBY , I told GBW it allways smells in Whitby

Sure Capt! :clapping: I never knew I had a 'gang' before...

Now you know why I DON'T live there... :rolleyes:

Just as GBW was posting, humorously, about shooting flaming projectiles at his house (near his daughters bedroom), in an attempt to dislodge some wasps.

All perspective bro.

I guess "...whatever" won't sit :)

If it was that one thread alone I would have said nothing and let it go as low end humor among those on the inside.

You started the tone with the "I don't believe you statement" I gave you the benefit of the doubt and took it as a humorous statement? If you are being sarcastically humorous am I not allowed to continue in the same manner?

I now take it your first post "I don't believe you" was not a friendly or humorous one and only done to pick a fight or start an argument. Correct?

courses that have tour events DO stock the ponds. Angus Glen stocked a few ponds in the past (2007) because Tiger, Mark O'M, Davis Love III and a few others love to bass fish in the 'down time' for the week they are there at the event. Others that are smaller, not so much. But if a river runs through it, you never know...

Going back a few years when The Canadian Open was played in september at Glen Abbey - I remember a tv clip

showing Greg Norman & his group looking at salmon attempting to swim up through the 16 mile creek

swallower parts......