Port Dover Perch

Adam Delves

On the USA side of Erie we have been getting good catches at 50' and 70' so that tells me they are still out deep. However, I just dipped some bait from the Niagara River and there wasn't as many minnows as last week...took a while to get a bucket full....many guys were fishing off shore there but they weren't catching any fish....but another guy said he lost his dip net so I got him a bucket of bait....he said he was going to fish off shore at Wilson on Lake Ontario for perch.

Good Luck,

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

With three kids, two of whom want to fish (little guy is not yet two) it would be nice to hear from someone that it's worth the drive. I went a few weeks ago by myself and was the only guy standing on the pier with a rod. Felt and looked pretty stupid. My oldest daughter says its more fun fishing when you're catching fish. I've had plenty of lone casting practice.

they are all thru the bay at depths down to 5 feet, so they are in.

but they are catching them off port maitland in 60 feet, so they are out.

the perch hung around the north shore in limited quantities all summer it seemed.

8 out of 10 times you'll catch perch in port dover, but there is only a 50% chance of that.

they are all thru the bay at depths down to 5 feet, so they are in.

but they are catching them off port maitland in 60 feet, so they are out.

the perch hung around the north shore in limited quantities all summer it seemed.

8 out of 10 times you'll catch perch in port dover, but there is only a 50% chance of that.

Yogi is that you!?