New Jeep! New trailer?

justwannafish

I just traded in my 08' Cobalt to finally get something I could actually fit all my work tools and fishing gear in without feeling like I'm playing tetris while I'm loading up!

I got myself a brand new 2011 Jeep Patriot and thus far I can't describe how awesome it's been.

One thing I've got to figure out now though is how I'm going to take my PA from home to wherever I'm goin fishin. I had Thule roof racks for the Cobalt and obviously they won't work for the Jeep. I'm pretty sure I want to go the trailering route this time though as it's going to save me more than the difference in the price of racks in fuel economy in the long run.

I've been looking online and Trailex seems to be a popular opinion to get people's PAs around. I just thought I'd come here for some suggestions before I go out and drop the cash.

If anyone has a PA (or something similar) and uses a trailer I'd love to hear about your setup and what you think I should do. I'm leaning towards something small and aluminum so I can easily take the thing around by myself.

Also, I'm in Hamilton and would rather like to not have to drive forever away to pick something up!

Any help would be awesome

Thanks!

Josh

I just traded in my 08' Cobalt to finally get something I could actually fit all my work tools and fishing gear in without feeling like I'm playing tetris while I'm loading up!

I got myself a brand new 2011 Jeep Patriot and thus far I can't describe how awesome it's been.

One thing I've got to figure out now though is how I'm going to take my PA from home to wherever I'm goin fishin. I had Thule roof racks for the Cobalt and obviously they won't work for the Jeep. I'm pretty sure I want to go the trailering route this time though as it's going to save me more than the difference in the price of racks in fuel economy in the long run.

I've been looking online and Trailex seems to be a popular opinion to get people's PAs around. I just thought I'd come here for some suggestions before I go out and drop the cash.

If anyone has a PA (or something similar) and uses a trailer I'd love to hear about your setup and what you think I should do. I'm leaning towards something small and aluminum so I can easily take the thing around by myself.

Also, I'm in Hamilton and would rather like to not have to drive forever away to pick something up!

Any help would be awesome

Thanks!

Josh

If the pictures on google are right that is a big jeep. I don't know your body strength but yes you can put it on the roof yourself. You can always buy a Walmart trailer, extend the tongue and for $400 you have a trailer....but if yo have cash or trailex is cheap then trailex.

I have been wanting one of those $2600 (base) PAs for a bit....are there any deals to be had on them yet?

Yeah I waited YEARS to get my PA!!

I just finally couldn't take it any longer and had to go bite the bullet.

And what a tasty tasty bullet!! I'm so glad I got that thing. I've had nothing but an absolute blast with it every time I've taken it out.

I got mine at Swift Canoe and Kayak on #11 just past the "Muskoka Store" and right before Gravenhurst.

As for a 'deal' I got $300 off for taking the demo model. The only thing to show signs of it being an actual demo is a small brand of the word on the back hull. Other than that it's a beautifully flawless fish slaying machine! I even take my girlfriend or a buddy out on it and they site behind me in a beach chair quite comfortably!

I can't say enough good things about it. If you want one, get one. That's my advice! Hahaha

If the pictures on google are right that is a big jeep. I don't know your body strength but yes you can put it on the roof yourself. You can always buy a Walmart trailer, extend the tongue and for $400 you have a trailer....but if yo have cash or trailex is cheap then trailex.

I have been wanting one of those $2600 (base) PAs for a bit....are there any deals to be had on them yet?

If you could get it on the roof of your cobalt, why can't you get it on the roof of your Patriot? I have one, and they're not THAT big....I know yours sits an inch higher than mine, because I have an '08....but you can find roofracks for it fairly easily. I got a used pair that were a few months old for $50, and they're the mopar version. Failing that, a couple 2x4s strapped down to the handy tie-down spots on your roof rails should work....they did for me before I had the roof racks....and I popped 2 canoes on the roof with'em.