stoney lake

workwear

Been fishing that lake for more than 20 years.

They call it Stoney for good reason!!

There are 2 public ramps that I know of, 1 at Viamede(GOOD ONE!) and 1 at McCracken's Landing Don't know how it is these days

Want to know some stuff about Stoney let me know by PM. I will be heading up there Sat for a week.

ft

Yes, watch the rocks, they come up out of nowhere. I fished the lake twice in the last two years, my first times, and have decided to give up on the lake. So many great looking spots that produce nada. I put in long days trying to figure it our, but still came up empty. I think that the walleye like the evening and into night. The smallies must not like rocks??????

Hope you have better luck than I did.

Stony is a great lake keeping between the markers will keep you safe, but to catch fish you need to explore, a GPS will help, but theres more sholes that are not marked than are marked, the north end of the lake is safer for travel and holds the deepest water, once you go through beaushein narrows the water depts change and the structure becomes more prevalent, depending on what you targeting ie walleyes dont be afraid to fish deep in this shield lake, up to 50ft. is common.

LOVE Stoney Lake....only fished it twice but did good both times....once in late May and once in Late June......great top water lake for smallies and largemouth......also has some VERY nice Bluegills......not to mention my target fish....walleyes.

I wish I could help you now but I'm sure it's a completely different pattern now in the second week of September.....but it feels like mid July here in WNY...

Good Luck and take LOTS of nightcrawlers...

Bob