Another "former" enforcer found dead.

ckrb2007

Condolences to his wife and two young children...and to the rest of his family, friends and fans.

Lots of speculation on the cause so soon, the only thing police have confirmed was it is non-criminal. The Toronto Sun is reporting a "source" saying that he hung himself??? (take that for what it is worth) Personally I have no opinion on the cause of death all I know is 35yrs old is far too young!

R.I.P. Wade

He was one funny dude. I sure hope he wasn't tormented by depression or have an addiction of some sort.

It kind of seems that Enforcers, concussions, heavy painkillers (for said concussions) and depression are intertwined. I sure hope that this isn't the case here.

when did anyone release an OD on drugs? Right now everyone is saying "cause of death is unknown at this time". :unsure:

On the National tonight they confirmed it was suicide..

Very say to here. It sounded like Wade still has a lot going for him in his post NHL career.

Damb.. 3:50 of that video above, and on.. I didn't know he had two kids (didn't read all the posts above). That's rough. :(

Edited by N.A.W

when did anyone release an OD on drugs? Right now everyone is saying "cause of death is unknown at this time". :unsure:

At the time I posted my original thread, Yahoo sports did have on their site that it was cause by an OD of prescription drugs. I guess it has since been removed. My apologies for jumping the gun. I only stated what I read.

Colin

Wade was my favorite Leaf for years. Between his style of play, personality, tsn and 102.1 spots he was hard not to love. He did one spot on tsn where he suggested that he became an enforcer so he wouldnt steal Sundins thunder as a goal scorer. When questioned on the topic he referenced his minor hockey stats in Saskatoon.

I have a Belak Jersey that I wore to many games and was never able to get autographed. 2 years ago with the news of the trade to florida I contacted his agent. He was able to get my jersey signed and shipped back to me.

Wade was a solid guy who wont be forgotten.

RIP Wade. Sad that depression has the stygma that it has. From what I have heard and seen, athletes will have a higher occurance of this than the general population. It has something to do with being the best at what they do (he may have not been the best hockey player...but how many of us were in the NHL) and then wake up and it is all gone.

I feel for his children and his wife.