timmies testing new sizes

kickingfrog

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Tims used to have Extra Large coffies that where huge. A few years back, maybe 6 or 7, they dropped there sizes down smaller.?

Anyone else remember this, or have I put to much baileys in my Tims this morning...

im with you NAW - in college there you used to be a giant coffee we called 'the pail' because it should have had a bucket style handle on it. the coffee was the size of an apple juice can. if i drank a whole one i'd curl up in a ball in the corner and shake for a few hours....paranoia, hallucinations, frequent urination, etc.

don't know when it went off the menu but good riddance. it was like a speedball in a paper cup!

Think of that as a good thing......better steelhead fishing

Eh, there isn't much south of the border that can even hold a candle to a Notty or Saugeen fish.

Now, if you're into cookie cutter stockers, then yeah the US is a great place to fish, lol.

Eh, there isn't much south of the border that can even hold a candle to a Notty or Saugeen fish.

Now, if you're into cookie cutter stockers, then yeah the US is a great place to fish, lol.

So I guess Michigan isn't part of the States then? :D

The Salmon River in Pulaski is pretty incredible too...

As far as the giant coffees go, bring 'em on!! :thumbsup_anim:

Lol, did you go fishing there just once?? Some Erie tribs have some incredible scenery, and some unbelievable fishing.... although its not as quiet as it was 15-20 years ago. And I find the fish can definately hold a candle to a Notty or Saugeen fish, having beached many of them over the years! You have clearly never hit a 20 in a trib on the south shore of lake O.

Edited by porkpie

My bud Terry brought me one from Sudbury 24 Oz XL

309395_10150418269233696_512448695_10674872_5240767_n.jpg

I have 2 XL 3x3 every morning (from previous coffee topics hasn't changed), my wife has a M/ Mocha ... 6$... add a after supper run to that and ya got 10$/ day... that's 300$/Mo .... X 12 + ? ... now who's good at math? ... see what I mean?

For me, a 24 Oz will replace 2x regular XL's for a Toonie.. that translates to about say... 700-800$/yr toward my spring shopping spree..........

I'm all for this Idea ...It did the trick for me.. :good:

But........... I'm still angry at myself/spouse for allowing ourselves to spend this much on COFFEE...per year ... really.

This cuts into my ,Beer / Smokes / Miscellaneous budget.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Randy

:canadian:

But........... I'm still angry at myself/spouse for allowing ourselves to spend this much on COFFEE...per year ... really.

This cuts into my ,Beer / Smokes / Miscellaneous budget.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Actually Randy, I was like that til about the beginning of Aug LOL. Every time my bf & I went to Sudbury we would get him a XL 3x3 and myself a XL French for a cost of $4.05. I figured we were roughly spending about $80 per month just on Timmies. If we took my daughter with us, more.

I'd had enough, so one day I told bf to order his coffee if he wanted, but that I was giving it up except for very occasionally. Bf still gets a coffee for himself, just not as often.

So far this month, I have had 1 french. I figure 1 per month is a nice treat...I don't really miss it.

Soon it will be giving up smoking and that will save even more. But for now, giving up timmies is enough.

as i'm in hamilton and in my job have occasion to go in ron joyce's airplane hangers (he shares some of this with micheal lee chin (bank of hong kong fame).

on the back of one of his many private jets there is an inscription that says "THANKS RANDY"

GET A COFFEEMAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o

Edited by smally21