The most interesting Roast in the world

Muskieman

My wife picked up this Sirloin roast for 30$ usually 90$....

it's an 11 pounder ..... we gave it our special RUB last night and set it on the counter to absorb... threw it in the fridge overnight and back out this morning at 10:00 to get to room temperature.

MMMMMM....getting ready to sear. :thumbsup_anim:

Picture022.jpg

Searing!! :good:

Picture023.jpg

Almost seared... :thumbsup_anim:

Picture024.jpg

Seared and set aside 'til the core temperature reaches 135* F

probably 4.5 hours...this is gonna be sooo good !! :clapping:

Picture026.jpg

I'll post more pics of the end product,

Randy

:canadian:

It's now done .. and I.. along with 9 others are FULL...

Almost there

Picture027.jpg

There !!! Done !!!

135*F core temp ... center was Rare like a Prime Rib, then to Medium-Rare , Medium to Medium Well...... I also cooked some Side Pork... Olive Oil /Sea salt White taters.. Corn on the Cob and a Macaroni Salad.... I have left overs for a week... I even gave a HUGE plate to my neighbor and his kids.

Picture028.jpg

Sorry for teasing... :P

Randy

:canadian:

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Just put a Prime Rib in the oven at 200 degrees for 4 hour approx. When the thermometer says 140 it's time to eat. Having roasted sweet potatoes,onions,parsnips and rutabaga done in a lemon cumin brown sugar sauce with it. One of my favs. We have been waiting awhile for a cooler day to have the oven going.

BTW how hot do you have the BBQ going when you do this? And I'm assuming your doing indirect heat. Looks good :thumbsup_anim: Enjoy your supper

Just put a Prime Rib in the oven at 200 degrees for 4 hour approx. When the thermometer says 140 it's time to eat. Having roasted sweet potatoes,onions,parsnips and rutabaga done in a lemon cumin brown sugar sauce with it. One of my favs. We have been waiting awhile for a cooler day to have the oven going.

BTW how hot do you have the BBQ going when you do this? And I'm assuming your doing indirect heat. Looks good :thumbsup_anim: Enjoy your supper

Indirect heat @ 300*F

I usually do 6lb'ers but this is the biggest I've done yet.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

that looks sooooo good!

being that you're admittedly accident prone you best be careful carrying that around! we wouldn't want you to throw your back out or drop it on your toe! :whistling:

that looks sooooo good!

being that you're admittedly accident prone you best be careful carrying that around! we wouldn't want you to throw your back out or drop it on your toe! whistling.gif

Not to mention cutting his finger off carving it.w00t.gif