Creek Salmon Run

idesign

Im just avoiding the meat market that is trib fishing this year...

Pikeslayer gave me my salmon and trout fix out on lake O... And they look way better too....

Wait till Oct/Nov when the cold weather gets here.. All the rubes stay at home..

Nothing like a 10lb bullet to get your blood going!

Wait till Oct/Nov when the cold weather gets here.. All the rubes stay at home..

Nothing like a 10lb bullet to get your blood going!

SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!....I know you really ment to say the Credit River....located conveniently in Missisauga Ontario

Nothing like a 10lb bullet out of the Saugeen to get your blood going!

My wife just bought me a switch rod for our anniversary. Can't wait until October!

One of my favorite kinds of fishing though is salmon off the pier or at the mouth. Its pure adrenaline when a big salmon smacks a lure. My guess is this is the same/similar feeling one gets swinging a fly.

Nothing like a 10lb bullet out of the Saugeen to get your blood going!

Mods, can you Filter this gentleman. He is talking nonsense and Jibberjabbish while chewing corn wood. ;)

Edited by Harrison

My wife just bought me a switch rod for our anniversary. Can't wait until October!

One of my favorite kinds of fishing though is salmon off the pier or at the mouth. Its pure adrenaline when a big salmon smacks a lure. My guess is this is the same/similar feeling one gets swinging a fly.

I love catching those chinnies with giant skein chunks under a float or on hardware before they enter the river. Not much can match the power of those fish! Once they are in the river though, forget it... it's a circus!

If you want a fun Salmon expierence glow spoons off the pier is for me the most exciting king fishing there is and the time is right now.Nothing like a fresh king trying to pull you off the peir at 3am, thats excitment.I like it better then trolling, you feel the hit and the initial run and it's always a crazy battle

so to recap:

• chinnies are chinook salmon?
  • bows are good/bad for the population?
  • flossing is legal or illegal in Ontario?
  • best to fish the mouth with under floats cause they don't bite once they head upstream?
  • Once everyone chats on message boards about river runs, its already too late?

so to recap:

• best to fish the mouth with under floats cause they don't bite once they head upstream?

Thank you,

This Colorado fisherman needs an interpreter. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

so to recap:

- Yes

- Kind of a moot point around here anyway since natural reproduction in GTA tribs is minimal (with chinook)

- Snagging is very illegal

- I've had tons of big salmon hit in the creeks, but they're definitely more fun out on the open water

- Most creeks have many runs of salmon throughout the fall, so i guess no.

so to recap:

the thing with flossing is the hook usualy gets em in the corner of the mouth... so nobody can really prove if it hit the bait or got flossed... thats why the mnr doesnt put a stop to it... cant prove it...