Killarney Provincial Park Trip

MichaelAngelo

I'll be going on a 5-day canoe trip with 2 of my friends around Bell, David, Great Mountain, Killarney and Carlyle lakes. Has anyone fished these waters before that can offer some advice?

I'd like to target pike and walleye, and I'm regretful to say I've never before caught these species! So any advice for those species would be great! Remember I'll be out of a canoe, I'm expecting rocky, deep lakes.

Thanks!!

I'll be going on a 5-day canoe trip with 2 of my friends around Bell, David, Great Mountain, Killarney and Carlyle lakes. Has anyone fished these waters before that can offer some advice?

I'd like to target pike and walleye, and I'm regretful to say I've never before caught these species! So any advice for those species would be great! Remember I'll be out of a canoe, I'm expecting rocky, deep lakes.

Thanks!!

Had no luck a few years back. Deep crystal clear water. My wife caught the only fish, small mouth, go figuire! Best of luck to you.

A number of lakes are sanctuaries and thusly closed. http://www.ontariopa...l-multiple.html

As well, if I read the Ont regs correctly, of the lakes you listed, only Carlyle is open, all the other lakes are closed year round. Few of my friends who paddle Killarney consider fishing something worth bothering with there. ymmv

The only one I've fished at Killarney is George Lake, right where the main campground is. It's an excellent smallmouth fishery in my opinion, I just looked for rockfalls that descended into the water and dropshotted over them with Slammers. I have a trip report from last year here, wish we had gone again this year, the fishing at Grundy Lake was abysmal.

Not sure the fishing is all that good there, then again there are many lakes. I know the waters in the park contain a specific mineral creating very clear waters and little to no fish can survive. Not sure if every lake is affected. Killarney is more of a paddling park. Good luck anyway!

Bill