Stolen Tackle Bag

vince.bornais

I made the ultimate mistake and forgot my tackle bag in my boat over night. Some little bugger decided he would like it, & stole it out my boat. He was nice enough though to close my boat back up. I am in the Barrie area & I just wanted to put the word out that if you come a cross a Browning tackle bag with Matzuo tools in the front & 8 large plano boxes inside. It weighs roughly 50-60lbs.

I know it's probably gone for good, just thought I'd try.

Thanx.

Two years ago I left my new rod/reel combo and my four plano box tackle bag near the dock of a small lodge. I drove out the next day and it was gone... there were only two groups of people around so I hawk eyed everything in sight...still nothing to be found. That was at Matthews Little Portage camp on Lake Memesaugamesing. I even had my name/number on the bag! I was angry, but that's what I get for being an idiot and leaving my stuff and driving away.

Report it and have it covered under your insurance, that it what insurance is there for!!! Then you get all new tackle and a new bag too.

You pay insurance now it's time to make it useful!

Agree, you've probably got a couple thousand dollars tied up in those trays. That really sucks. :angry:

I know I'll probably catch flak for saying this, but I would just love to catch one of them. No matter which way you go ,you lose. If I catch the little bugger and lay a little beating on em, I'm the one who gets charged. If I report it to insurance, my premium goes up. If you report it to the police, they take their time getting there, write a report, and they're gone. When did theft become such a low priority? I, like many others, work for what I have, I'm not rich. And I despise the fact that someone can take it from you without consequences.

I'm angry right now, but once, just once!!!!!!

That's the worst stuff to have stolen... Somebody broke into my car one time... Took a bunch of custom or hard to find musky baits and my fishing camera with all my photo stored on it... Left my cell... CDs... Etc... I was so mad!!! I would rather lose the expensive replaceable stuff than tackle and lures with memories and stories attached...

Hood luck finding it... You never know... I left my box at a boat launch one time... Went back... Gone... Asked the close by marina if they saw anything... They asked my to describe it... So I did... It's right here he says... An old fella found it and gave it to the mechanic and said to look for somebody looking around for something... I got lucky and maybe you will too...

I cant stand thieves. Nothing more rotten of a person to do than steel.

Seems to be far too many people with cars broken into and stuff stolen. Just last week my buddy has his jeep and his wifes car broken into. Both 407 transponders gone, CD player face plates gone, everything from the gloves box thrown all over the place.

Had my garage gone through once as well. Fishing rods, tackle, chainsaws, bikes, power tools, golf clubs, roller blades and everything you could image you keep in your garage gone... The real kicker, it was labour day weekend and they took the 2 cases of beer out of the beer fridge.

Sorry about your loss. When you do the math, it is a much more expensive bag than you realize.

@ spinnerbaitking. I can guarantee you that the wheels are turning on what to do WHEN I catch one of these little buggers. And I won't feel the slightest bit sorry for them. I for one am tired of dealing with this crap just because some ass has mommy/daddy issues, or whatever their problem may be.

I made the ultimate mistake and forgot my tackle bag in my boat over night. Some little bugger decided he would like it, & stole it out my boat. He was nice enough though to close my boat back up. I am in the Barrie area & I just wanted to put the word out that if you come a cross a Browning tackle bag with Matzuo tools in the front & 8 large plano boxes inside. It weighs roughly 50-60lbs.

I know it's probably gone for good, just thought I'd try.

Thanx.

FishHook:

That sucks. I think I'd have a coronary if I found out mine was stolen. Would almost be like losing a faithful dog. PM me and get me your contact info and I will donate 5 lures from my tackle box to help you out. This is such a great board that perhaps others will follow.

FishHook:

That sucks. I think I'd have a coronary if I found out mine was stolen. Would almost be like losing a faithful dog. PM me and get me your contact info and I will donate 5 lures from my tackle box to help you out. This is such a great board that perhaps others will follow.

Good on ya 4eyes. I'll extend a special discount to you if you like for my store FishHook, just fire me a PM. I gave all my extra stuff to Big Brothers last week.

@ 4eyes & harrison. I really appreciate the offer. I still have to check with my insurance to see if it's covered though. I've been a little busy this week buying & installing new motion sensor lights & a new lock for my shed to phone them. I should do it soon. I'll probably do it after I install the bouncing betty landmines & the poison dart guns. Might even post one of them trail cameras. This theft crap has become a big issue in a lot of areas. Something needs to be done about it. At this point,I figure I'll take the dark away from them at least.

Again, Thanks for your offer.

My bro put his box down on some rocks and moved about 30 ft away while fishing.. when he got back his box was gone. He was lucky he only had about $100 bucks worth of stuff. Know how you feel and i hop you find the kid and while he runs from you runs into a car or tree.

Fishhook!!!...Can you send me an email to [email protected]

Long story short, my son is Peel Police and lives in Barrie.

Caught three little buggers the other night, when he came home.

Need to know where you are in Barrie.

I can then forward contact info to you i.e. arresting officer ect..

Dan

I sent you an e-mail this morning. Thanks