Burns Conservation

cynmar

Well woke up this am and decided wanted to wet my line. Was going to go to Mountsberg and as I don't have a boat, do some shore fishing. Well went to Mountsberg main gate and they don't open until 8:30 am and I'm there at 6:30 am after dropping off my daughter at work. Wife and I say, we'll go to Burns and play around. :worthy: No, not that, anyway end up catching 3 x 1-2.5 lb. small mouth using a 5" Senko wacky rigged. I was pleased to come up with anything because the water level was quite low. Only irritating thing was the gentleman who came and started casting right beside me after I caught the fish. I'd reel in, he'd cast to the spot just next to where I had cast to. Kept moving from one side to the other of me. Finally left though, after I caught a fish with him standing next to me. :devil: A morning well spent, saw a white egret which was a surprise, snapping turtles, herons, ducks quite enjoyable.

Bill

Edited by fishingBill

As your last two words, it truely is quite enjoyable. The fish are there but some effort must be placed to attract them(bass wise). It is heavily weeded but the park is small, nice and great for the kids to enjoy. I do recommend it for the kids sake, they wont be disapointed if they were fishing from the deckwhistling.gif

Used to go there many years ago as it was stocked with trout in the spring...and it was free. Wife and I walked in there one opening weekend way back when. It was crowded, had to squeeze in near a gang who were on a days picknic/bbq and fishing. We weren't in their back pocket or anywhere near that close. Asked how things were, answer was not a bight or nibble all morning. My wife tosses her line in with a piece of canned corn on the hook and soon as the bail was set BAM. She landed a nice size trout! Man were they ever pissed!

Lately I've often thought of trying that spot, can you put a canoe in?

...saw a white egret which was a surprise,...

No, if it was any colour other than white it would be a surprise! And as far as the 'gentleman' who pestered you, try eating some chili next time before you go.