justwannafish

Christie reservoir?

I've only got tomorrow off and was looking around for somewhere close and easy to get to on the map and found Christie. They say there's bass, pike, crappie, and bluegill in there but I've never been.

Just lookin for a bit of info from you guys to see if it's worth my while to head out with my Hobie. Not to say that there's such a thing as a bad day on the water just wondering what the fishing is like!!

Any info is a plus!

Thanks!!

Last time I fished there I seen a water snake that had a fish in its mouth bigger than the fish I caught. But I never fished in a canoe or kayak to test the waters on the other side. I heard of pike being caught there, nothing big mind you.

Another place you can try is Chipewa Creek camp ground just outside of Smithville. I used to catch some good sized largemouth there. And it's not too far from Hamilton. Good luck.

Christie's dam is opened up every year for winter and the reservoir is reduced to a creek. Not too many fish populations stay put there, especially of any size. I guess they fluctuate water levels a lot in spring/fall as well. There are stocker bows to be caught in the inland ponds there though. Bell sinker, snelled hook and Power Bait Trout Dough is what we used to use.

Pretty close by there are some much better choices like the above mentioned. Or Valens, or Mountsberg.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Kayak Fishing on Mountsberg Reservoir for Pike (Video)

Thought I'd share a video from a quick trip to Mountsberg Reservoir. Didn't get into any big pike but it is loads of fun to catch huge numbers of smaller ones. Most of the lake is weedy but there is one spot in the center that is a bit deeper than the rest. All the fish came from that ones spot. Enjoy!  

in General Discussion

• Gouin Reservoir Fishing

Has anyone here fished up on Gouin Reservoir in Quebec? Just saw that Navionics has partnered up with the management team up there to update the sonar charts. Pretty cool that you might be able to go to a fairly remote location like this and have 1 foot contours showing on your Navionics mapping chip!   https://www.navionics.com/usa/blog/post/a-partnership-to-update-gouin-reservoir/

in General Discussion

• Don’t eat Binbrook Reservoir fish

Don't eat Binbrook Reservoir fish   Mon Apr 11 2011 / thespec.com       For years, Binbrook Conservation Area's reservoir Lake Niapenco was thought to be relatively free of pollution.   It's not.   The popular five-kilometre-long reservoir and Welland River tributary feeding it are contaminated with a toxic chemical restricted in Canada since 2004 to such unsafe levels that the province now warns children and child-bearing aged women not to eat any fish at all from the reservoir, and

in Fishing News

• A thank you to the forum and quick report from Cabonga Reservoir

Hey guys,   A few weeks ago I posted about solar chargers and generators and everyone here was really helpful so I thought I'd share a quick report about how the trip went.   First off, why I went there. When I was a kid I saw a fishing show about Cabonga Reservoir and it's always been on the bucket list since. This year I made the trip happen.   The place we stayed in was Barrage Cabonga. The Sepaq calls it "rustic camping" and I'd say it's as rustic as it's got for me so far other than

in General Discussion

• Park Hill Reservoir

Hey guys, I have been a member on here for a while, but never post anything, just creep around and read others posts. but now I am hoping for some help from some of the ice fishermen out there.....   This weekend I plan on hitting up some ice fishing, yet I wanna kill two birds with one stone and have to maintain my wood duck nesting boxes in the Park Hill area, which just so happens to have a large reservoir nearby.   does anyone know the conditions on the ice at the Parkhill reservoir?

in General Discussion