Terry gets caught in MNR raid

Terry

I wasn't going to say anything but what the hell

at our fly-in camp/lake we got caught in a MNR raid

well maybe not caught but caught-up in a raid

we got back in one night about 930 pm

I was just getting out of the boat and my buddy was just off the dock

2 guys came at us out of the bush dressed in normal street clothes , I could not hear what they were saying but the were come at us very aggressively

I didn't know what was going on but it seemed bad/dangerous .I had a machete on the dock and went or it.....I think I could hear dueling banjos...LOL

at that point I could hear them and realized that they were saying "MNR" and one of them was holding his badge out.

they were not in uniforms

they checked our licenses and fridge and checked all our cameras ..they were hoping to see pictures of stringers of fish over our limit.......

of course everything about us was 100% legal

they hid their boat and hid in the bush so we wouldn't throw all the illegal stuff out of the boat if we saw them waiting for us

we had not kept a single fish..they found it hard to believe.. we asked how they got into the lake but refused to talk about it

now the second part of what I didn't like.....they boated into our lake from a logging road.....

so much for a fly-in.........

seems they sat at the camp for hours waiting for us to turn

I am told that that the public does not have access to these old logging roads..but still I pay to fly and the boat in....doesn't make me happy

it was real dark when they left and raining pretty hard as the left the camp...they made us feel better that they would have a miserable trip back...LOL

Edited by Terry

Wow! Amazing that they would go to all that trouble on mere speculation. That would be unnerving to find guys hiding in the bushes in a fly-in lake!

I once was checked on a portage coming out of a large lake where at most there were just 4 parties fishing on a long weekend. They checked backpacks for fish - seems a waste of time as who the heck wants the extra weight on a long portage? Meanwhile, where I now do all of my fishing north of Kenora there are lots of people fishing and I get checked only once a decade. They are pretty much non-existent.

That is hilarious, I'll bet that the MNR are constantly getting guys there at that camp. The fisherman would think that they would never get caught, almost a given that someone would cause an infraction. WTG Terry they waited all night to get their asses wet. :rofl2:

I wasn't going to say anything but what the he'll

2 guys came at us out of the bush dresses in normal street clothes , I could not hear what they were saying but the were come at us very aggressively

it was real dark when they left and raining pretty hard as the left the camp...they made us feel better that they would have a miserable trip back...LOL

[/quote/]

Two guys in dresses coming aggressively, Terry you kill us!

I wasn't going to say anything but what the hell

at our fly-in camp/lake we got caught in a MNR raid

well maybe not caught but caught-up in a raid

we got back in one night about 930 pm

2 guys came at us out of the bush dresses in normal street clothes , I could not hear what they were saying but the were come at us very aggressively

I didn't know what was going on but it seemed bad/dangerous .I had a machete on the dock and went or it.....I think I could hear dueling banjos...LOL

at that point I could hear them and realized that they were saying "MNR" and one of them was holding his badge out.

they were not in uniforms

they checked our licenses and fridge and checked all our cameras ..they were hoping to see pictures of stringers of fish over our limit.......

of course everything about us was 100% legal

they hid their boat and hid in the bush so we wouldn't throw all the illegal stuff out of the boat if we saw them waiting for us

we had not kept a single fish..they found it hard to believe.. we asked how they got into the lake but refused to talk about it

now the second part of what I didn't like.....they boated into our lake from a logging road.....

so much for a fly-in.........

seems they sat at the camp for hours waiting for us to turn

I am told that that the public does not have access to these old logging roads..but still I pay to fly and the boat in....doesn't make me happy

"I wasn't going to say anything but what the hell."

Me too. I just don't get it. How can you be upset with these guys? They are not the public, they are law enforcement personnel trying to do their jobs. Had they found some one (other than you) who was breaking the law, and they had laid a bunch of charges, people would be making comments about how great it was to see the MNR trying to make a difference. Why should they tell you how they got in the lake? It's none of your business. Were they rude and abusive? It doesn't sound like it. Why would the fact that they left in the dark in a heavy rain make you feel better? That makes no sense at all. Would you feel even better if they got stuck and had to spend a night in the bush? And better yet if they got in an accident and one of then got hurt? I'm tired of some people slamming law enforcement personnel. They are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. Like i said, I just don't get it. Andy

Me too. I just don't get it. How can you be upset with these guys? They are not the public, they are law enforcement personnel trying to do their jobs. Had they found some one (other than you) who was breaking the law, and they had laid a bunch of charges, people would be making comments about how great it was to see the MNR trying to make a difference. Why should they tell you how they got in the lake? It's none of your business. Were they rude and abusive? It doesn't sound like it. Why would the fact that they left in the dark in a heavy rain make you feel better? That makes no sense at all. Would you feel even better if they got stuck and had to spend a night in the bush? And better yet if they got in an accident and one of then got hurt? I'm tired of some people slamming law enforcement personnel. They are damned if they do, and damned if they don't. Like i said, I just don't get it. Andy

the only thing I said I was upset with was the fact that I paid to fly in and they came by boat.....

and it is upsetting to have 2 guys come running at you in the middle of nowhere , the dueling banjos comment dealt with that

please show me where I slammed them...

maybe reread my post and that the finger out of your butt or whatever is up there upsetting you

Me too. I just don't get it. How can you be upset with these guys? They are not the public, they are law enforcement personnel trying to do their jobs. Had they found some one (other than you) who was breaking the law, and they had laid a bunch of charges, people would be making comments about how great it was to see the MNR trying to make a difference. Why should they tell you how they got in the lake? It's none of your business. Were they rude and abusive? It doesn't sound like it. Why would the fact that they left in the dark in a heavy rain make you feel better? That makes no sense at all. Would you feel even better if they got stuck and had to spend a night in the bush? And better yet if they got in an accident and one of then got hurt? I'm tired of some people slamming law enforcement personnel. They are d@mned if they do, and d@mned if they don't. Like i said, I just don't get it. Andy

:asshat::asshat::asshat:

And I might be a tad upset that there is a road to my fly-in trip and aswell I may be a tad upset that the operator did not offer a heads up about the Co`s hiding in the bush on this fly-in, not that I would ever keep over my limit anyways.

Add this to the fact that Papa had to make repairs to the camp tells me something about the operator, I certainly would have gave the operator a piece of my mind!

Edited by lookinforwalleye

i think most of us think it would be better to have more officers patroling where there are more fisherman... im on the st.lawrence river... ridiculous amount of boats fishing... im in my boat 3-4 times a week... and i only get checked maybe....maybe once a year... usually while im carp fishing.... a fish that your allowed to shoot with a bow and let it float down the river.... and they are checking carp guys like crazy... no limit ...no season... but walleye... i can honestly say that ive never in my life had a CO check my livewell for walleye... never... you would think he would take a peak in the well to see if there was a pile of fish or just a couple.... nope... and ive never heard of the local COs checking anybody elses wells either...

so why spend the crazy amount of time on terry's little croup?

why not put that time in on waters with more fisherman and check them properly?

in my opinion that was 2 people's days pay that i helped pay for... and they are pissing our license money away spending a full day trying to catch a specific few anglers on a fly in lake... they should be focused on the masses...

really... how much damage do you think terry's group could do to a lake???really???

meanwhile there are guys limiting 1-2 times a day every day on perch where i live...

A less than brilliant use of manpower, time and $$$ when one fishcop could have checked your party at the airway when you returned.

There was no probable cause to check you. Could they have been trying to start with nothing and develop a case against you? Possibly.

Edited by TennesseeGuy

Wow Terry, that must have had your wheels turning seeing two guys aggressively coming at you out of the bush :o

I can see why you are upset about the fly in thing, that does suck for sure. If I flew in and had to use the boat they had there, that you repaired if I am not mistaken, I'd be ticked I didn't bring my Lund and launch that off the logging trail instead :lol:

I think what they did would have been great, had they caught someone doing something illegal. Not sure how legal it is to ask to see the pictures on your camera tho??? What if you and your "buddy" had actually done something "banjo" worthy that was on that camera :o:lol: None of their business IMO!

they sure worked that day for nothing

it's the area they are assigned to so I guess that's how they do it

and when they do make a bust it's all worth while

and I didn't mind or care that they checked us..and I did write this as humour not anger

but they are in the middle of nowhere and we were not expecting people to run up to us

be smart and wear a uniform....if I had a gun they might have been shot because of the way they came at us so fast and aggressively

I think what they did would have been great, had they caught someone doing something illegal. Not sure how legal it is to ask to see the pictures on your camera tho??? What if you and your "buddy" had actually done something "banjo" worthy that was on that camera :o:lol: None of their business IMO!

what are you trying to say

:rofl2:

LOL

I am sure I could have said no

but we invited them into the cabin out of the rain and invited them to look/search anywhere they wanted to..........and they did

because we had no fish with us when we came it, it limited they rights to search, but pictures of fish on a stringer on the camera would give the the right to search.....I had a stringer but I never even opened the package

Edited by Terry

Terry = Mr.Clean.

I would do a flyin to get away from people not to have them popping out of the bush at any moment.

exactly

that was the only thing that got us

had they come in by float plane

we would not be shocked by it

Judging by your pic, maybe they thought you were the elusive poaching sasquatch? Imagine the cudo's they would have gotten for that catch!

Good job staying clean Terry... I found it funny that you didn't keep any fish, I bet they were floored by it hahaha.