Sign in to follow this  
PickerelHunter

Nipissing Ice Hut Operators

I cringe when I think about the winter right now with this gorgeous weather and our soft water season in full swing. But last year I missed out on a trip because of planning way too late.

I'm in Barrie and we're looking for something within 2-3 hours of here, Nip is the logical choice but we're open to any body of water you guys would recommend within that 2-3 hour distance.

I've been to Bear Creek and Waltonian and enjoyed both although the fishing was slow. I've thought about the on ice bungalows some operators have as well. I've researched a lot and there is a lot of operators so I thought word of mouth would be best at this point and find out where you guys would recommend and had a good ice fishing experience. Any suggestion would be great, thanks guys.

I have seen some monster lake trout caught on Temagami

I haven't caught them

but I have seen them caught

walleye whitefish herring

South Shore Ice Condos for staying on the ice on NIp. Howevver for the best fishing I would book with Rob Hyatt. Best operator on the lake. He moves his huts to where the fish are and he is a great host.

P.M. me if you want any other info and watch for the Lake Nipissing gtg planned for this winter. Last year was fun but this year will be better.

+1 for south shore. It was my first experience ice fishing and it got me hooked. The deluxe hut can sleep 8 and boy do they get toasty in there.

Couldn't of had a better experience, that is unless the fishing was better

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this